South Auckland?

tahawairua
tahawairua Posts: 26 Member
Hi,

So, I'm thinking about joining a gym and looking for someone out in South Auckland who could join with me.

Probably need to be in the same boat (i.e. morbidly obese - sounds better if I just say "fat") and is willing to partake in mutual motivation sessions (yeah that sounds kinda dirty), lets just call it "gym time".

I'm not too serious and would prefer someone who is willing to laugh at themselves.

It'll be a bit awkward at first, so maybe we should go for a drink first to see if we're compatible (note this is not a date request, I really want to start going to the gym)

Ok, so there it is, I've laid my cards on the table. I've laid myself bare for your scrutiny.

Oh, it might help if you were in Mangere or thereabouts (I work in Papatoetoe so between Mangere and Papatoetoe is good)

Hmmm can I get any more specific?

Oh yeah, you can be male or female, I'm not fussed. Just as long as we get along we should be fine.

Cheers.

Oh, Private message me if you're interested.

Oh, I probably won't be able to properly focus until after the end of March (because I'm delivering and collecting census forms)

Oh and I'll be away 2 weeks May/June and 2 weeks July/August so you would need to factor that in to your decision on whether you want to make that comittment.

Cheers again

Replies

• tahawairua
    I have been inundated with so many responses. It's going to take a while to get back to you all, so please bear with me.
  • tahawairua
    ^^^^^
    llllllll

That's code for: Really? There's no-one in South Auckland that wants a gym buddy?
  • Heyyyyyy 275 representing! haha I just joined the NZ group just realized this site even had this function! Mate, I am an instructor at 24/7 fitness at airport oaks so if you’re still keen to get in to a really good gym that understands us (maori/PI) what our triggers are and getting into the healthy living get yourself to 38 Richard Pearse Drive. I can’t rave enough about this place as there are countless visitors to this gym yet they always know your name and so encouraging. Old, young, big poppas, MMA fighters, blue rinse brigade, doesn’t matter mate all titles and airs get left at the door. Gym buddy? Boom take your pick….
  • tahawairua
    Ha! I better go check it out! Thanks for that!