2 Week Hiatus from C25K...now what?

Options
Okay so I lost my motivation for the C25K and it's now been 2 and a half weeks since I've done it. I stopped right before I was about to start week 5. I was doing really well with it until that point (I've completed the program once before). My question is, should I pick up where I left off, or go back a few weeks and start from there?

Replies

• hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Try starting where you left off. You'll know pretty quickly if you need to go and redo a few days or not.
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would start on whatever your next run would have been - you should be able to tell within the first 2 runs if you need to back off. If you do, maybe repeat the last week you did and then try to move on. I would also pay attention to slowing your pace, especially on your first run back. Good luck!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is a big jump from week 3. So maybe you should try something in between. I would follow the week 4 plan but walk whenever you feel it's necessary.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you were running fairly strong through week 4, I'd suggest go for it and start with week 5. If not repeat week 4. I got sick just after I finished week 5 and had about a week and a half off running. I asked myself which would be worse, repeating wk 5 or pushing myself forward with the possibility of not completing the run. For me I wanted to push myself, I'd felt strong at the end of week 5 and just believed in myself, that I could do it (and I did). Consider how far you've come from that first day and believe.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to week 4, but that's just me.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I had to take a week and a half off due to injury and illness, and I would certainly encourage you to begin where you left off. It's gonna HURT (at least it did for me), but only the first time. You'll be amazed at how fast your body will jump right back after that first initial ouch. Good luck!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll try it starting from where I left off! Can't hurt...too much! Haha.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was able to start where I left off! I only ran at 4 MPH, but at least I did it! I will run faster next time. But I'm happy!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    And you've just modeled the distinction between a runner and a non-runner. :)