Off my diabetes meds altogether!

Options
Bettyeditor
Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
As of my doctor appointment last night, I'm now off metformin totally! Yay! My last two A1C readings were both 5.4, so I seem to be stable in the normal range. I posted a topic recently about getting my diabetes under control (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/895996-i-think-i-ve-conquered-my-type-2-diabetes) and I was hoping then to be off my meds and now I am!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does happy dance around the room*

Replies

• davidbrucedavis
    davidbrucedavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Betty! :) That's awesome!!! I'm heading there myself. :)
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I have recently started decreasing my insulin and hope to eliminate/reduce my other meds as well. Since I just started this journey I am encouraged to see that it is possible!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news for you! Congratulations and keep it up. I'm hoping to further reduce mine and hoping I can get off meds as well. You and others make me feel it is possible, so thank you!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Excellent news! Good for you!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :) I have been encouraged by others before me who got off their meds, and I'm so happy that I've reached this milestone now too.

You can do this everyone, it is possible to make a HUGE difference with your diabetes through diet and exercise!
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.:flowerforyou:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I'll share in your happy dance, cyber-style:)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your med liberation! :)
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That is great!! :)
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's great news, very well done. Good news stories are always an incentive for all of us, thanks for sharing your good news.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to go Betty! I'm happy for you. I have been steadily reducing my meds and hope that by the time I hit my weight loss goal I will be down to ---- well, I'll settle for only one or two meds in small doses.....