New here!

Options
Hey all! I'm Christine, and a recent, proud convert to the wonderful world of running! I was always athletic in school, but I never ever thought I would be interested in distance running! I used to HATE cardio with a firey, burning passion. I started CT5k last month without really even realizing it! I didn't even find the program until about 3 weeks ago, and I started on week 5, since I had already been running increasing intervals basically all of January. I began running, frankly, so I could eat more. I want to lose weight very much, but I LOVE to eat. Running seemed like the most logical solution to this problem since it has such a great burn. 8 weeks later, I don't know how I ever managed without it. Running, for me, is the most intense, mentally and emotionally challenging thing I have ever done. It is also, however, the most empowering and gratifying. I'm running my first race next month (a 5k on the 17th) and am so proud and amazed. At the start of January, I could barely make it 90 seconds. Now, I can run 2 miles at a 10 minute mile pace. Running has changed me in a way that no exercise ever has, and I'm excited to be in this group and see that in the lives of others too! Feel free to add me, I love new friends(please send a message first though!), and my diary is completely open!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Danger - I know how you feel. A long time ago, I realized there were two groups of skinny people: the ones who ran 5 miles a day, and the ones who ate nothing but yogurt. I wasn't a runner until just a few weeks ago, but that observation motivated me to start going to the gym.