Thank you

Options
Thank you so much for this group. I am in OA in Canada, and its nice to see a group where like minded individuals can come together and discuss things.

My diabetic nurse got me on to the fitness pal and I love using it. It doesnt replace sponsors and emailing them but it is helping me keep to my daily menu and applications this app does are wonderful.

Thank you again for the group

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have diabetes as well. I don't know if yours is T2, but there is a Type 2 Diabetes Group on here as well. I participate in both and find both valuable.

Good luck!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was thrilled to find this group! But, for me (like all the tools) I have to continuously check in to reap the benefits <3
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't have diabetes, but I have severe hypoglycemia, which to me is almost the same as pre-diabetes.

I've been reading a lot about the Glycemic Index and trying to follow it, and posting about it on my profile page.

I'm always looking for new friends, please send me a friend request!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Welcome! We are a small but mighty group, banded together to do what we cannot do alone. I am loving having found OA in MFP!!
  • dawnellis0613
    dawnellis0613 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi group, Yes I am a diabetic, T2 and on insulin, 2 types, 4 shots a day. I am seeing my dietician tomorrow to help me get my A1c back to normal. It has been high for way to long. I also think this will help me with my overeating, and my non thnking snacking I do at night while watching tv. Omg I had 12 sugar free cookies tonight after my OA meeting, and it rose my blood sugars sky high.

I just have to keep remembering and saying to myself. Today is the first day of the rest of my life, and since tuesday is over for me, Wednesday is the first day of my life ( again).
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Last night the topic at my meeting was "Progress Not Perfection". With the goal of serenity -- and only being back in program for about 6 weeks -- I keep thinking about NOT wanting the insanity again. What will I eat, when will I eat, how will I eat, who will see me ... blah blah blah.

In each moment I have a choice: Meeting, Writing, Phone Calls are my first tools of defense.
    :flowerforyou:
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Before coming to OA I had been told I was glucose intolerant and was on the verge of type 2 diabetes. Despite that and knowing it was killing me I couldnt stop eating my binge foods - all sugar, high fat foods. And if I stopped I couldn't stop from starting again. So coming to OA and hearing about the allergy of the body ie my body has an abnormal reaction to certain foods and for me that reaction is that once I eat them I have a craving for more and more, and the obsession of the mind - I thought about food All the Time and my mind constantly found ways to make me eat.
    Oa has shown me how to recover from both of these on a daily basis, by staying abstinent from those foods and my working the 12 step programme.
    I am so grateful because I was killing myself with food, and I knew it, but I couldn't stop
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    For today, I'm breathing ... the last two days have been a struggle, and I am missing the serenity I had during the four days I was abstinent. But, I am a work in progress -- hence, progress, not perfection. I am already almost at my calorie intake for the day, and the last two days I've been over. My body is hurting, and that is a trigger to eat in an attempt to numb. I'm gonna go water my garden (dried up and un-lush as it is LOL), drink some water and catch some rays.
    :flowerforyou: