Intake Question

Options
sraffel
sraffel Posts: 66 Member
1) What's your current intake of calories gross, on average?
I aim for 1600 on a normal day. If I feel hungry due to higher activity, I will sometimes go to 1800.

2) What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams?
100g protein, 150g carbs, 50g fat. I try for 30% protein, 30% fat, 40% carbs. I started watching macros at the end of January. It's not perfect yet, but I'm working on it!

3) Do you use a food scale and measure everything?
I measure everything, but my scale broke :( I'd been weighing for about a year previously, so I feel I have a pretty good handle on portions. I do plan to get a new scale!

4) Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)
I track all food and calorific drinks. I do not track water and my two cups of (unsweetened) tea per day. I drink a LOT of water and just feel I'm ocd enough about tracking without adding to it...

5) Do you take cheat days or days off?
No. I track every day, even if I plan to go over.

6) How much weight have you lost so far?
In 2010, I started to work out again and lost about 20 lb (170-150) over the course of a few years. 2011-2012, I did weight watchers with a friend and got down to 131. I ended up back at 145 at the end of 2012 thanks to a thyroid problem, which was regulated in December. I started back on MFP in January and it's been a really slow process. I got down to 141 within the first few weeks and then stalled. I managed to get to 139 over the course of a few weeks, but shot back up to 141 the next week.

7) What is your activity like, both exercise and non-exercise?
Monday: 60 min zumba in the morning, 30 min circuit training (currently 30 day shred) in the evening.
Tuesday: 30 min circuit training followed by 30-60 minutes vinyasa yoga in the evening.
Wednesday: 30 min run in the morning, 60 min lifting in the evening (lat pulldows, tricep extensions, hanging abs, barbell curls, back extensions, dumbbell chest press, interspersed with jumping rope, burpees, ladder machine to keep heart rate up)
Thursday: 30 minutes vinyasa yoga in the morning.
Friday: 30 min circuit training followed by 30 min run in the morning.
Saturday: 30 min circuit training followed by 30 min run in the morning.
Sunday: Rest or yoga.

Other than this, I'm at a desk pretty much all day, I try to walk around the office a bit at least once an hour, and stand at my desk to take phone calls, and walk down the street at lunch or to the bank, but I don't know how much it helps! On weekends, I'm fairly active, and am usually walking around somewhere at the least, whether hiking or shopping.

8) How long have you eaten at your previous amount and what happened in that time frame?
I've been in the 1600 range since January 30. Feb 1 I was 141, Feb 8 140.5, Feb 15 139.5, Feb 22 141. I just started measuring on Jan 30 so it's too soon to tell whether that's changing. My fiancé has noticed that my stomach is a bit flatter, which is where I carry my weight, so I'm happy with that.
Previous to that, I was eating 1200 from the beginning of January and was miserable. The bump in calories has really helped my energy level, but some days I still find I am hungry. I'm short and stocky, but I'm wondering if 1600 is enough. I've calculated my BMR at 1303.

9) What's your height, current weight and if you know it, bodyfat%?
5'2", 141 lb. Military calculator gave me a bf% of 32.5, Covert Bailey gave me 20.7. I honestly don't believe it's above 30! Probably about 25 though. I have no idea where 20.7 came from. I am trying to get to 125-129, but care more about shaping than the number, really.

10) If you're stalled, for how long and is it a complete stall (zero change in weight)?
I've been stalled since around Jan 18, when I was 142.

Replies