Having trouble losing weight

Options
Hello. I was banded on 11/5/2012 and have only lost 20lbs post op. I have slight restriction after 2 fills. Is it possible i stretched my pouch? I am in need of MFP buddies for support!

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you need another fill,most banders that i know have at least 4+.you really need to get the tightness right or it will not work x
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Are you religiously tracking every bite that goes in your mouth? Weighing and measuring everything (we tend to fool ourselves)? Getting in high intensity exercise (walking does not really do much for weight loss)?

Honestly, you have to work 10 times as hard to be successful with the band. You have to make sure you are putting forth the effort.
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i was told it takes years of overeating to stretch your pouch...everybody journey is different some lose it faster . you should stay full up to three to four hours before you next meal with only 3 meals a day if your feeling hungy you need to get an andjusment.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Are you religiously tracking every bite that goes in your mouth? Weighing and measuring everything (we tend to fool ourselves)? Getting in high intensity exercise (walking does not really do much for weight loss)?

Honestly, you have to work 10 times as hard to be successful with the band. You have to make sure you are putting forth the effort.

Agree 110%!!! You can do it, but you have to make it work. :wink: