Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Testing

GmaQueenBee
GmaQueenBee Posts: 190 Member
Tested my beloved pork chops yesterday and gained 1.3 pounds. It would be nice if I lost the same amount on rest day. What have you been testing and what were your results? Good or bad?

Replies

• LaurieWurster
    LaurieWurster Posts: 10 Member
    I am mostly a vegetarian - except I eat fish and eggs. I have failed every fish I have tried. I have failed goat cheese (but I was expecting that since I am allergic to dairy), and I have failed bread. We had a funeral luncheon on Wednesday, and of course there was nothing I could eat that was part of the plan, so I just chalked it up to an off day. I was up 2.2 pounds the next day! I ate from a friendly day, yesterday and 1 of those pounds went away. <sigh>

I have passed almonds, rye, and chickpeas, though. I LOVE almond butter. I probably won't go back to peanut butter after this!

It will be a long process for me, I think. I am testing either red peppers or potatoes tonight. I love potatoes and would be sad if I came up reactive to them.
  • kayceeme
    kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
    Hi Laurie,

It's a long process for me as well. In the initial 20 days of The Plan, there were so many foods that I wasn't able to test. I still have a pretty limited repertoire of safe foods.

I agree with you on the almond butter. Love it! Another surprise for me was that I now like the flax granola. Hated it at first. Also, my only past experience with chia seeds was with the "Chia Pets" that I bought my kids. I was initially resistant to trying them because of that mental connection, but actually found that they are ok and easy to throw a tablespoon in soup, salads, cereals, etc.