Is sodium important to keep up with?

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
I hear it can make u retain water. Of course if u have high blood pressure, it matters. But otherwise, is it important to keep up with? I have been, but just wondering

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Focusing on it misses the forest for the trees.

Too much sodium becomes an issue when it's out of balance with the other electrolytes. If this is the case, you're probably eating too much processed garbage and not enough fruits and veggies. So saying "you should worry about sodium intake" is essentially the same thing as saying "your diet shouldn't suck."
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Potassium mitigates its effects so, as Rock was inferring, make sure you eat a balanced diet and it should not be a big problem. I only tracked it before to get an indication if the scale weight was going to be impacted, but then realized mine is low anyway so stopped paying attention to it.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Besides bananas. which other foods are high in potassium? SO I can help get mine up
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I track mine only because if I see a spike in it, it's a clue that I'm eating something really processed, which i'm trying to reduce.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Besides bananas. which other foods are high in potassium? SO I can help get mine up

Here is a good site.

http://potassiumrichfoods.com/potassium-rich-foods-list/