New to MFP and this group!

Hi, my name is Cathy and have been a MFP member for 1 week!! I just turned 60 a couple weeks ago, which threw me for a loop. I have decided I have got to adopt a new and healthier lifestyle IF I want to be around to see my grandchildren grow up. I live in North Carolina. Anyone else from NC? .....and by the way my first week I've lost 5.5 pounds!!! YAY!!

Replies

• Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    welcome_heart-cd65ce02843584e4b144a7497414a7b9.gif

Congratulation on entering the 6th decade of life and your commitment to a healthier lifestyle. :drinker:

Be sure to checkout the message boards & challenges and soon logging on MFP will become a part of your daily routine. You will find tons of support and maybe even make a few on-line friends along the way. :flowerforyou:

Glad you're here! :happy:
  • Thank you for the nice welcome....I already am enjoying the logging on MFP....keeps me accountable.
  • Welcome , glad you are here with us. Great job on the weight loss! march chat is where wwe meet each day or as regular as possible with encouraging words and chit-chat!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    Hello to you Cathy. So glad to have you here in our group. We are fun, if I say so myself. Congrats to you on a wonderful first week loss! That is awesome. Keep up the good job. If you like we can be pals, or just meet here. Send me a pal request if you like. Continued success on your journey.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Welcome to the group! I sent you a friend request!
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Welcome, Cathy! so glad to have you in our group. We only get better after 60! I'll send a friend request right away.
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    I joined 3 weeks ago. This is a good, supportive place to be to help you on your journey towards healthy living! :flowerforyou:
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Hi all, I've just joined this group and hope to be an active member. :-)
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    Giving a warm welcome to our newest members

Hi there Supersnoopy and Hi there to rbeckner 711. We are a fun group and we also have weekly challenges. Hope you will join in on those. Good luck on your journey.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Giving a warm welcome to our newest members

Hi there Supersnoopy and Hi there to rbeckner 711. We are a fun group and we also have weekly challenges. Hope you will join in on those. Good luck on your journey.

Well thank you for the warm welcome. :-)
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Welcome to the Group! It is a fantastic bunch and so supportive!:smile: