Halfway through and...

Options
nznatural
nznatural Posts: 45 Member
Tonight is week 5 day 3, and I cant wait!!!!!!

Every week I have looked ahead and gone 'yeah, I'll give it a go, but if I feel like death, I'll just drop back to last week again', and I haven't repeated a single day yet!

The thing that I'm loving about the program so far is its giving me so much confidence to just get out there and try - I never would have thought a month ago that I would be looking forward to my first 20 minutes of running solid, but here I am. The only thing I am not enjoying are the cars who decide they want to play chicken with me - while I am running around a runners park!

Replies

• dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Great job not repeating any days!! That's definitely not easy! I find that since I've made a note of when it gets hard for me (usually the first mile KILLS ME) and I coach myself through it, it gets easier, and almost fun. Almost. lol
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Same thing for me - I've extended my warm up to 10 minutes (gives me time to get from my front door to the park), and my first mile or so (or the first run really now) is the worst. But after that I seem to have warmed up properly and am fine for the rest of it.

Lol and it is almost fun!! Not while Im doing it exactly, but definitely afterwards! Its a really good way to wind down from work.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Isn't it exciting to see what you are actually capable of! I never, ever thought I'd be a runner - I had so many reason why it wasn't right for me.

The first 10 or so minutes of a run always seem to suck. After that, it gets fun as you get warmed up and find your form, etc. My favorite part is the midway point.