5K March 16

Options
ashtonb87
ashtonb87 Posts: 13 Member
I just completed w7d1 today...I'm a day off and my friend has been training on the same schedule with me. She wants us to sign up for a 5k on March 16. Today I ran for 25minutes straight at 4.7mph for most of it and then went down to 4.6mph and 4.5 the last 3ish minutes. I felt kind of nauseous at the end. That hasn't really happened before. The total mileage was something like 2.30miles with the warmup...Do i need to do extra training before the 16th or keep on the program... ?

Replies

• sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! I signed up for a 5K March 30 when I first started the program in January as motivation to keep at it. When you do the race, don't think about the time, just have fun with it being your first race (I'm assuming) and finishing. It doesn't matter if you don't finish in 30 minutes or less. As long as you finish, it's still an accomplishment!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just stay with the program.

The extra motivation from being around so many other runners should carry you through the actual race. If you have to slow down to finish or even walk, that's fine too. You're still setting a "personal best" :)
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yes! Stay with it! That's my 5K day, too, and I did w7d1 yesterday (Thursday...same as you). I was supposed to be done with the program a couple weeks by the time 5K Day arived, but had a health issue come up that set me back a couple weeks. I'm sticking with my original 5K day. I doubt I'll be under 30 minutes...probably more like 36...but I WILL run the whole thing.
  • ashtonb87
    ashtonb87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will just stay with the program and hope for the best. I think I'll just do all of the mileage a couple of times to see how it goes. thanks!!!