Finis Swimsense

Options
DPernet
DPernet Posts: 481 Member
OK, just got my Swimsense and tried it out for the first time today. It synced with MFP and eveything seems to be working OK.

My question is this. Does it have to enter the exercise automatically as Swimming, treading water, moderate effort? Can I change it somehow?

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I passed on the Swim Sense when I saw the disproportionate number of 1 star ratings on Amazon.
    I just count laps and enter my laps, weight and time in this web site. http://42.195km.net/e/swim/
    I adjust the time entering Swimming laps, freestyle, light/moderate effort in MFP to match the calculated burn.

As far as lap counters I tried the Finis lap track but it has a serious design flaw in the housing that causes multiple resets during a single swim. Now I am using a finger ring style counter.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The actual swimsense worked fine. Was absolutely brilliant. Then I went to upload the workout into MFP and it adds it in as Swimming, treading water, moderate effort.

Not the end of the world. it gets the time and calorie burn spot on...it's just kind of lame that it just tells the world that I've been treading water :blushing: