Favorite easy paleo meals

Options
2»

Replies

• alevans1981
    alevans1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do a happy dance because wings are so good.

My husband and I made these last night. I read him your directions when we started. As we were eating he says, "I AM going to do a happy dance because these are so good!" Thanks for sharing the recipe!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I made ridiculously good buffalo wings tonight.

Pre-heat oven @ 450.

Boil wings (yes, boil them... trust me) in salted water for 7-10 minutes.

Dry wings and season with salt and pepper.

Bake on cookie sheet (I lined mine with foil) for 30 minutes.

Flip wings and bake for another 10 minutes.

Heat hot sauce (most are actually Paleo friendly... I use Frank's Red Hot) with coconut oil/ghee/butter/whatever you like in sauce pan while wings are finishing cooking.

Toss wings in sauce and eat immediately.

I love wings but have never boiled them before baking. What does that do? I'm going to have to try this. Here's a wing sauce that is easy and paleo and oh so yummy if anyone wants a different flavor. I feel like the lemon nd vinegar could be reduced because it always makes my mouth pucker, but it is really good!

paleo buffalo sauce:

3 T coconut oil

3 T rice vinegar (or other form of white vinegar)

½ t cayenne pepper

½ t hot paprika

1 t garlic powder

1 t onion powder

1 medium sized lemon juiced

1 t sea salt

In a medium sized saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.

Add the cayenne, hot paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir until evenly combined.

Squeeze in the lemon and add the vinegar.

Take off heat and stir until evenly combined.

Set aside or pour into a sealable container for later use.

Store in the refrigerator.
  • jordanna1979
    jordanna1979 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Pre-heat oven @ 450.

Heat hot sauce (most are actually Paleo friendly... I use Frank's Red Hot) with coconut oil/ghee/butter/whatever you like in sauce pan while wings are finishing cooking.

I'm trying these tonight - I have my happy dance ready...
  • jordanna1979
    jordanna1979 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Pre-heat oven @ 450.

I'm trying these tonight - I have my happy dance ready...

Happy danced my butt off...best homemade chicken wings EVER, hands down.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Pre-heat oven @ 450.

sounds amazing!!! thanks :)
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Grass-fed beef pot-roast. Super simple.
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • debmcintosh
    Options
    The "Moroccan Mash" recipe at http://stiritup.me/?p=3389 looks excellent, thanks! I've saved the link, and plan to make this over the weekend. Thanks for your idea about quick and easy "mash ups" of whatever kind of meat and spices with sweet potato and other healthy veggies. This is destined to become a go-to idea at my place.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My easiest meal is throwing some veggies in a pan (spinach, tomatoes, onion) & add an egg or two. After is egg is cooked, top with 1/4 avocado. Protein + fats = yum.

My favorite sweet meal, pumpkin pancakes: mix two egg whites with 1/4-1/2 cup pumpkin with liquid stevia & cinnamon (you can add a scoop or protein powder or almond flour but it's not necessary), spoon onto frying pan with medium heat as you would a pancake (makes about three). Flip when starting to brown. I top mine with warmed blueberries but it's also great with coconut butter or almond butter!
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump - some great ideas in here!
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Favorite thing for a grab-and-go breakfast -- miniature egg muffins (or, if you prefer, crustless paleo quiche). I make them ahead and just warm them up in the microwave or a couple of minutes in the oven in the mornings. You can keep them in your fridge for a week or freeze them.

Take about 10 eggs (beaten until light and fluffy) and some chopped up veggies and/or meats. I like to use spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes -- also cheese, since I tend more towards primal than paleo. Also, if you use meats, cook them first. Mix the eggs and the veggies/meats together. Grease a miniature muffin tin with ghee or coconut oil. Make sure you grease it VERY well, so the egg stuff doesn't stick. Pour the egg mix into the greased muffin cups and bake at 325 for about 20 minutes. I used small eggs, and ended up with 20 miniature muffins at about 50 calories each (with cheese. Without cheese it would be less.)

You can also make this in normal muffin tins, but you might have to cook it a bit longer.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My favorite sweet meal, pumpkin pancakes: mix two egg whites with 1/4-1/2 cup pumpkin with liquid stevia & cinnamon (you can add a scoop or protein powder or almond flour but it's not necessary), spoon onto frying pan with medium heat as you would a pancake (makes about three). Flip when starting to brown. I top mine with warmed blueberries but it's also great with coconut butter or almond butter!

Totally making these. Do you think they'd be ok without the liquid stevia?
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump! I need to learn to make more things than just my paleo chili, which I love, but I think my husband is starting to think I'm crazy cuz I have it every week! I think I need to at least give those mashes a try...