Mental Success!

Options
berthabunny
berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
I started my deficit yesterday, and survived eating 2130 (2128!), and went to bed and woke up hungry, which I assume means my metabolism, as of yet, is not going back to VLCD mode (although I wouldn't expect that to change overnight :))
I already cannot weight for my return to TDEE though!!
My success --> I did not touch the scale this morning! Although I did look at it longingly... I will be weighing in only once a week, although I told myself I can take measurements any time I want (I probably won't). I have been weighing myself almost every day for months and months now, so this is going to continue to require resistance power.

My other NSV: You know when you sit on the toilet, and fat from your thighs spills over the side as if all your muscles were totally relaxed? While today I could have sworn they did not spill over as much!! And to compound that, I took measurements about a month ago, and did not record them (old me), but I think my thigh measurement was 25 something, and yesterday it was 23.5!!!

Replies

• amandacepstein
    amandacepstein Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Pictures, measurements, and BF% are all better indicators than scale reading.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Pictures, measurements, and BF% are all better indicators than scale reading.

I took pictures and measurements, BF% only by calculators, but if I use the same one, I can see decrease :)
    I don't post pictures because, well, I'm careful that way, sorry! Maybe I'll post some where you can't really see 'me' in June.
    Thanks for reminding me about the scale, I am going to have to read that almost every day ;)