The scale

Options
sunforme3
sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
I find myself getting sick to my stomach every time I think about getting on the scale, it's crazy. I started being committed to a healthier lifestyle in February and lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks, the third week the scale didn't move and I was too scared to go on again in fear of seeing the same number without a weight loss and I'm still too scared................

Replies

• Sarah_Alexa
    Sarah_Alexa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear. The last few lbs are the hardest to shift but i went for a 5.4km run earlier and have been reading lots of books about nutrition and find i'm not putting in enough food to fuel my daily activities let alone the exercise on top. I've watched a lot of the Biggest Loser programs and it's interesting to watch the contestants. Some weeks stress plays a part and prevents weight loss, others, not enough food to fuel the body means they stay the same or even gain. I've been guilty of eating lots of vegetables and salads but not adding in healthy fats like avocado, olive oil and then pulses, lentils, nuts and seeds. I'm addressing that now and already finding a difference. The creamy broccoli soup tastes amazing and has a good mix of the right nutrients.

Everyone's different so it's hard to advise on numbers but i think for me i need to eat a minimum of 1400 calories a day and add on extra calories equivalent to those burnt during exercise. I'm giving that a try whilst on this cleanse and for the 2 weeks after to see what happens.

Good luck with finding your magic calorie number. :smile:
  • Joannavictoriaashley
    Joannavictoriaashley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The scales are a really poor measurement of dieting and fitness achievements, as lean body mass is heavier than fat.
    While initially I have used scales to see how im going, once I start on a healthy living regime, clothes size is a far better measurement. I find trying to get on an old pair of jeans so much less stressful than a set of numbers before my eyes, and it really does give a truer reflection of how well you are actually doing. :smile:
    Im going to start getting out my tape measure, and forget about the scales to a degree...plus I have before photos which really help too.x