Week 9--Woohoo on the down slide March 3 2013

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Posting early so I can sleep in tomorrow :)

March 3rd starts our 9th week how cool is that. Ok as promised, measurements go in today and goal checks....

So who has lost inches ?
who has lost pounds ?
who has lost their minds...just kididng

What goals have you reached so far?

Most important ... how are you feeling?

I'm looking forward to seeing your posts... I am really enjoying this group, and hope that you are too. I want to see Puppy pictures of our newest addition (Laura)... how about sharing a recipe Jess that we could all try (Gluten free of course). Muuuuah! Have an awesome week every one.

Replies

• MarlaStuck
    Options
    I lost inches...and gained inches arms are bigger, hoping muscle from push ups.
    Lost a pound whoop whoop
    Body fat went up but bmi. went down...any clue what that means?

Hit goals of exercise and calories, adding workout goals
    Feeling pretty good...want faster results but who doesn't
    I'm still going forward...one day at a time
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So who has lost inches ?
    No new measurements, but could tell my jeans are fitting better. less muffin top in my tight jeans. :)

who has lost pounds ?
    Nope. Next week.

who has lost their minds...
    That went a long time ago!

What goals have you reached so far?
    I am in Jeans from my closet!!!

Most important ... how are you feeling?
    Better today than I have been in over a week. I am looking forward to being back on track....starting this week off good and
    having a loss next week

I went grocery shopping yesterday and am ready for the week. had a nice shrimp salad last night, I feel like I am back on track. maybe a little bloated today. My scale is showing a pound up this week. i am ignoring it. it will change in a few day. Today after my walk, I will do a little house cleaning....much needed and wash up some of my NEW, OLD jeans!
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good for you Marla! Your armes are going to look great in sleaveless out fits!

Calamity .....I hear ya about loosing your mind......I have been looking for mine for a while.

So reporting in on progress......down 2 pounds this week making my total since the new year 18.........YEAH!

This weeks measurement show that I have lost a 1/2 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my hips and another 1/2 inch off my thighs. This is where I really need to loose weight, the bottom end of the pear!

I have been struggling with my exercise program. Household rountine has changed and I am finding it easy to skip my BFF (treadmill).

I seem to have found a comfort level with my eating routine!

Thank You everyone for all the support!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm holding on by a thread!

I won't weigh in until the end of this! I may very well be working at a monthly weigh in. I apparently gainned two pounds this week; up, down and all around. Never below 140 pounds! Seems the harder I work the less chance I get at seeing 130 or anywhere close to it!

I'm so confused what will work for me because I have been working my as* off and only seem to be happy with my results when I have been really good, but still not a good one on the scale...actually it still seems to go up!

It must be my daily calorie intake and weekends that ruin me, I have no clue! You would think that my exercise routine would be blasting all the calories?...

Recipe:
    "Asian Dressing" (Gluten Free)
    - 1/2 cup of salad or olive oil
    - 1/4 cup of soya sauce (g/f, low sodium)
    - 1 tsp. of chicken bouyon (g/f)
    - 1 tsp. of white sugar
    - 3 tsp. of balaamic vinager
    * add sesami seeds *

> Mix with some green and red cabbage with carrots.
    OR Put over cooked chicken breast.
    There is many useses. I keep in the fridge, in a squeeze container.
    Enjoy :-)

Good luck everyone, you are all doing remarkably well, keep it up! :-)
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I won't weigh in until the end of this! I may very well be working at a monthly weigh in. I apparently gainned two pounds this week; up, down and all around. Never below 140 pounds! Seems the harder I work the less chance I get at seeing 130 or anywhere close to it!

I'm so confused what will work for me because I have been working my as* off and only seem to be happy with my results when I have been really good, but still not a good one on the scale...actually it still seems to go up!

It must be my daily calorie intake and weekends that ruin me, I have no clue! You would think that my exercise routine would be blasting all the calories?...

Recipe:
    - 1 tsp. of white sugar
    * add sesami seeds *

Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try that, it sounds so good.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Very yummy! Oil will harden up in the fridge, but pull out of the fridge a bit before ready to use and it will shake and mix up fine.

Your welcome, enjoy :-)
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    All--
    I got my answer to my up body fat and lowered bmi. I'm sharing it so you all don't fall victim to it... It means my body fat went up while my body mass index went down...which in our language means I ate poor nutritional wise for my calorie intake. It was those darn kiwilime pies and bear claws on vacation.... Any ways... make good choices my friends. One day at a time...slow and steady always wins. We are rockin steady throughout this challenge. I know a lot of us have felt frustration, but you are doing right by yourselves to address the problems areas (weekends, nutrition, workouts...) so we can only move towards positive results. Nancy--outstanding achievements...Whooo Hoooo...Kudos.

Ok, time to practice what I preach and get off my butt here at work and do a little exercise :)
    Take Care of Yourselves,
    Marla
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options

Recipe:
    - 1 tsp. of white sugar
    * add sesami seeds *

Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try that, it sounds so good.

I'm looking forward to making this as well! Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing Jessica!
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options
    Well,

I too am hanging on by a thread but it is ok. I am still logging onto MFP and I stuck with our group which in and of itself is an accomplishment for me.

I have lost another pound but I still have not been working out. It is all ok, I am still making progress little by little. IT WILL all come together at a point! Other areas of stress are leaving my life so I have a feeling that my focus can shift back to losing this extra weight.

So excited that daylight savings time begins this week! Not happy about losing an hour since I am losing that with puppy duty through the night. All the lost sleep will be worth it when I have another walking partner!

Work has picked up as well, which has me fried by the end of the day! My eyes are so tired from staring at the computer screen all day. Having the puppy here is keeping me on my toes but at least it is getting me up and away from my desk a few times during the day.

Laura
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Well,

I too am hanging on by a thread but it is ok. I am still logging onto MFP and I stuck with our group which in and of itself is an accomplishment for me.

I have lost another pound but I still have not been working out. It is all ok, I am still making progress little by little. IT WILL all come together at a point! Other areas of stress are leaving my life so I have a feeling that my focus can shift back to losing this extra weight.

So excited that daylight savings time begins this week! Not happy about losing an hour since I am losing that with puppy duty through the night. All the lost sleep will be worth it when I have another walking partner!

Work has picked up as well, which has me fried by the end of the day! My eyes are so tired from staring at the computer screen all day. Having the puppy here is keeping me on my toes but at least it is getting me up and away from my desk a few times during the day.

Laura
    Hang in there strong.... You are right about logging and sticking with this group...so many wouldn't have and have not made it this far...thank you for that. I also want to say thanks for myself because I believe you can never have too much support in this journey and friendships are great too.
    Marla
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    I hope that everyone's week has been going well! It's Friday, so let's power through and be satisfied with ourselves when Monday rolls back around!

I am going to enjoy some "Asian Dressing" tonight...yummyumm!

I am not weighing in this week due to a two week stand-off with a fellow MFP friend, but I am GOSH DARN determined to be successful this weekend, baby shower and all!

I look forward to next week's message and to see how everyone is making out!

Jess