New Girl in Town

Options
Hi everybody, my name is Mia, and I am completely new to MFP community. I am hoping to lose the remaining 22 lbs out of extra 37 lbs that I've gained since moving to the US 6 yeas ago. Ideally, I'd like to do this by summer, but it's ok if I won't. After struggling for many yeas to get back in shape, I'm finally beginning to realize that obsessing over weightloss is a ticket to failure, so I am totally ok with a slow but steady progress.

Since I have been known to fall off the wagon many times before, I've decided that this time I'd be accountable to as many people as possible. My first step was to create a blog (votavitamea.com) and my second step is to become a part of a large weightloss community, which myfitnesspal is. To make failure even less of an option, I vouch to update this post with weekly progress shots and monthly weight-ins.

P.S. It would be nice to get some MFP friends for additional support!

week1155lbs.jpg

Replies

• raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, my name is Mia, and I am completely new to MFP community. I am hoping to lose the remaining 22 lbs out of extra 37 lbs that I've gained since moving to the US 6 yeas ago. Ideally, I'd like to do this by summer, but it's ok if I won't. After struggling for many yeas to get back in shape, I'm finally beginning to realize that obsessing over weightloss is a ticket to failure, so I am totally ok with a slow but steady progress.

Since I have been known to fall off the wagon many times before, I've decided that this time I'd be accountable to as many people as possible. My first step was to create a blog (votavitamea.com) and my second step is to become a part of a large weightloss community, which myfitnesspal is. To make failure even less of an option, I vouch to update this post with weekly progress shots and monthly weight-ins.

P.S. It would be nice to get some MFP friends for additional support!

week1155lbs.jpg
    You look great already! Can't wait to see your transformation :)
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Thank you!
  • xmangoteax
    xmangoteax Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! I just started truly using the MFP site (I've had an account for months before I actually started logging in my meals/making friends and finding support) and it's unbelievable how motivating the MFP community can be. I've fallen off the wagon too time and time again over the past few years. I can't do that anymore though with all my friends on MFP helping me along the way. I think you're beautiful and can totally do it! We're all in this together! :)
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    As promised, here's my first progress shot. To be honest, I don’t see any difference at all, except maybe around my waist. Two humongous monstrosities also known as my legs seem to have stayed pretty much the same. Oh well, I am 9 lbs lighter, and my clothes do fit better, so who cares about some stupid photos :)
    146lbs.jpg