Getting rid of sweetners in my coffee:(

Options
2»

Replies

• mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have not given in! It is day 5. It is getting better but very hard! I think I need a reminder why I need to give it up. I know it's bad and just chemicals. I need more than just that today though because my coffee was just plain nasty this morning. Any feedback? Ii need you guys to just slam Splenda please!
  • hollynichelle
    Options
    I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago getting rid of Truvia. It's working really well. I use a bit of coconut oil and sometimes add a cinnamon stick to the grounds when it's brewing. After about a week, you really do get used to the un-sweetness of it. It's even good plain now, for me :) Good luck!
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You could try mixing your coffee in a blender with your coconut milk. The frothiness makes it go down smoother and helps you acquire the unsweetened taste.
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    I never, let me repeat...NEVER thought I would like black coffee but now I LOVE it. I used to be one of those sugar/splenda/flavored creamer etc adders....everyday. But then I gave up added sugar, and my tastes have completely changed. Now I drink it black, or sometimes with coconut/almond milk or bulletproof. I am still in shock that I enjoy plain coffee, but it just tastes so damn tasty now. Lol.