insomnia

Options
Smash666
Smash666 Posts: 42 Member
Ok so I've bin clean eating for about two weeks now. I don't have a perfect record yet but I'm working on it. Well I've bin having an issue with insomnia, seems the only decent night sleep I've gotten was on my one week victory cheat day. Now I'm right back at the tossing and turning game all night. I want to stick with my diet, but i also want to get some sleep at night. Has anyone else had this problem? Have any suggestions?

Replies

• EasterKingston
    EasterKingston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I first got started! Tried looking for remedies or even similar experiences everywhere, and all I ever found was how a healthy diet and exercise should improve your sleep, not mess with it. Unless you're not eating enough and it's hunger keeping you up, it might go away on its own. Took between three or four weeks for me. I have since settled back into a regular rhythm, although I do feel better now going to bed an hour earlier and waking up an hour earlier as well. Hope the same happens for you! If not, or not quickly enough, I recommend taking melatonin. Just watch out if you're sensitive to depressive episodes; melatonin can actually make those worse.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's not uncommon. Try having a bowl of organic raisin bran just before bed. For some reason, the carbs and milk put me right out...plus I don't wake up hungry in the middle of the night.
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    are you having any caffeine in the evenings? green tea maybe?? this can keep me awake x