chickpeas

Options
2»

Replies

• cia_ray
    cia_ray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hummus of course: best snack ever with some raw veggies. <3:) They're also a nice addition to a simple vegetable stir fry or roast.
  • Fayelle1
    Fayelle1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    jsissom86 wrote: »
    Honestly -- I like putting them on my homemade pizzas at home. It adds a bit of something different...

I never would have thought of garbanzos, let alone, any bean on pizza. Great idea!!
  • Fayelle1
    Options
    jfp420 wrote: »
    zillah73 wrote: »
    I :heart: the Veganiomicon Chickpea Cutlet recipe.

I love these too. One of my favorites :)

Where's the recipe???? I'm new to vegetarianism...8 months....I'm loving it.
  • Fayelle1
    Options
    They make a great dip or sandwich filling if you blend half a tin with about a tablespoon of lemon juice (add more or a little water if necessary), add a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil, loads of black pepper and toasted sesame seeds.

I'm glad I came here today....so many ideas. I saw this somewhere the other day...now seeing it here...I'm going to try it.
  • Fayelle1
    Options
    Physiogal1 wrote: »
    I think you are quite familiar with Indian recipes, so I just wanted to share this recipe that requires chickpea flour. You can easily buy chickpea flour from any Indian grocery store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6fWfcrIdIo

That was phenomenal. I can't pronouce it ....I just need how to grind chickpeas. Thanks.
  • caterinahart
    caterinahart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I found this great chickpea and sage recipe for whole wheat spaghetti at VegetarianTimes.com: 1 can chickpeas, sage, olive oil, tomatoes, kalamata olives, garlic, and honey to taste. About 300 calories per serving.
  • joannefeo
    joannefeo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Following for recipes. I've been waiting recipes for chickpeas
  • Fayelle1
    Options
    I use pinterest for recipes. Yesterday I made some lovely chickpeas with smoked paprika, garlic....yum I just learned that eating chickpeas increases the good bacteria in your bowels by crowding out the bad ones.