30 day challenge

Options
bikinisuited
bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
I started bikram yoga 2 days ago and wanted to know if anyone is doing a 30 day challenge. Need some motivation or at least couple times a week. I need a check-in support. Thank you in advance!

Rosie

Replies

• shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently doing one, but I have done one before (on my own, not with the studio having one.) I got to 22 days. It was hard without the experience of doing it as a group but it was amazing how great I felt (and I actually loved pulling doubles!)

I'll cheer you along as you do it though!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Thank you sweet Shannon, love your support here. I may sound like a pest but I am learning and need all the knowledge to stay focus and stay motivated. I need to get it together as my hubby is cheering for me, 7 lbs I put on in a year and I want to bury the fat! I appreciate your comments.

Great day to you,

Rosie
  • jenjoyrising
    Options
    I did a 30 day challenge. It was really hard for me to schedule all of the classes. I thought that I would feel amazing afterwards, but really I just felt tired. I was definitely stronger and felt really connected to the community at my studio (I was seeing them enough :-). I definitely will do it again, but need to wait until there is more that one class I can make a day due to work, etc.

Remember to keep hydrated. Enjoy and let us know how it goes :-)
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Thank you, getting better but challenging due to work schedule, so far Day 4 completed~
  • jenjoyrising
    Options
    WTG! keep it up and let us know how you are doing
  • lindsay3186
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting a 30 day challenge tomorrow or this weekend, but could also use some support to keep me motivated! I've been practicing Bikram since November, but am lucky to make it to 3-4 classes a week usually so this is going to be very challenging for me!

Also- way to go on making it to day 4 (actually you're probably on day 6 by now).. so close to being 1/3 of the way through it! :)
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I have completed 6 days to date, started on March 2, 2013 as a newbie. Juggling with work schedule and sneaking out of meetings such a challenge. I was hoping to practice only after work but the classes are crowded and I am trying really hard with the smell. My apetite has increased and it would be best for me to practice late in the afternoons to prevent going over calories but schedules are pretty difficult.

Anyone wants to log-in and share their daily workout, please do. I can certainly appreciate all the help.

Rosie :flowerforyou:
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congrats on day 6! It is definitely hard scheduling them all in. When I did mine, I did double classes on the weekend to give myself some room during the week. But in the end, it just became too difficult!

Keep up the good work!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am on day 7 and hoping to continue and stay strong. Unfortunately feeling illl but talking classes as early as possible to prevent me from not attending classes. This freaking 7 lbs are like hell. I hope my scale reading is better by my Monday!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Great news about my progress after completing 9 days!

I can touch my stomach on my thighs during the stretching pose...

I can now touch my head all the way to my knees on sit up.

I can now put my head on the floor on the standing separate leg sretching pose.

It feels great, weight is still steady from 107-108..;0(
  • andrianami
    Options
    Great news about my progress after completing 9 days!

I can touch my stomach on my thighs during the stretching pose...

I can now touch my head all the way to my knees on sit up.

I can now put my head on the floor on the standing separate leg sretching pose.

It feels great, weight is still steady from 107-108..;0(

Well Done, I just started last week and I am on my 7th day. I really hope to last. I am already seeing my body change. Good luck to you.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Adrianna:

Thank you for your sweet message. Happy to see your encouragement. Keep it going, remember after 20 days you will create a habit and you will feel much better. Scheduling your bikram yoga class the day before will help you. Last week was the hardest in planning with my work schedule, not eating exercise calorie and telling myself the smell will get better...Less coaching from the teacher in terms of my alignment.

Quite a bit of cramps on my legs last week but teacher advised me to put elecrolytes on my water or coconut water. Great tip. Keep up the great work!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Day 13 done. I will be logging in daily to keep myself motivated and I am hoping to start calories under after tomorrow. Calories 1200 after tomorrow!
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 13 done. I will be logging in daily to keep myself motivated and I am hoping to start calories under after tomorrow. Calories 1200 after tomorrow!

How are your classes going? I still have not worked up the courage to go. Maybe next week.
  • bikinisuited
    Options

How are your classes going? I still have not worked up the courage to go. Maybe next week.

Classes are getting better and I am in routine which is a plus! In addition, I now bought GNC lean shake 25 Rich chocolate to keep calories down for the next 15 days for lunch meals only. I am not as hungry as I use to be, but I need more work on calories and diet. Let me know when you start. Love to see have anotther person join me for the challenge!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Day 14 done and calories in check. Have a great night everyone!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Day 15 done and today was the hardest class my seating area was a lot hotter and knee hurt a little with triangle pose. Any ideas as to knee not hurting would greatly appreciated?
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Day 16 done and stronger than ever. Calories kept @ 1200, hope the scale starts moving soon...:flowerforyou:
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Classes are getting better and I am in routine which is a plus! In addition, I now bought GNC lean shake 25 Rich chocolate to keep calories down for the next 15 days for lunch meals only. I am not as hungry as I use to be, but I need more work on calories and diet. Let me know when you start. Love to see have anotther person join me for the challenge!

Will add this week (probably Thurs.). Started 1/2 marathon training regiment last week and the one I am following recommends both Pilates and yoga mixed in w/ running. Will let you know how it goes.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Day 18 completed and staying strong. Knee hurts a little but no time to stop here. Let's keep it going.

@scar1964 how is your training going. Keep me posted, love me to know!