Have to take a break

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
I made it to W4D2, but I'm having trouble with my foot (plantar fascitis). I've also been sick this week.

I have an appointment with my podiatrist tomorrow. If he clears me, I'll start running again.

I did make it to Fleet Feet when I was out of town, and I bought some Brooks running shoes---and some inserts that will help with my PF. But they are going to take some getting used to.

Replies

• kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with dialling things back, repeating weeks, or switching from running to something else for a while.

I suggest using the time where you would have been running to walk, lift, do ab exercises or something else that allows your feet to heal but keeps you moving towards your long term exercise goals.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oh no, Julie!!!! Biking is a great alternative to stay in shape while you are waiting for the all-clear from your doctor.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Good news! The doctor said the pain I'm feeling is *just* my plantar fascitis acting up. (The pain moved from the bottom of my foot to the inside heel.)

He said I won't do any damage by running. I will have to decide how much pain I can take. I'm still adjusting to the inserts in my new shoes, but today is the first day my foot hasn't hurt a lot. So I'm hoping to be back in the middle of week 4 again very soon!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that you can start running again! I hope the inserts work for you so you don't have to run in pain.