Who's still here??

Options
sweetdianachka
sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
Hey Korea town people! I'll be leaving the peninsula soon, but I just want to know who is still around and active on MFP? Let me hear you!!

Replies

• miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am still here and will be until September :)
  • Sabrinacaverly
    Sabrinacaverly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm here and will be for another 11 months... :/
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not technically on the peninsula if I'm on Jeju, am I? I'm here until the summer holidays and will be back in early August. Unless we've gone to war by that point. JK!

Brrrr!!! When does it warm up here? This Texas girl is ready for warm days!!
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. . .about May 10th or so the heat will switch on and then there will be no escaping it until September!

How's it going down there? You've got a pretty nice environment for getting out and exercising. It is hard to stay
    motivated in the city. Who wants to go out walking when all there is to look at is buildings, buildings and more buildings?

Have a great week! :-)
  • miamiink89
    Options
    I am not looking forward to it heating up! I'm from Scotland and so not used to the heat plus our apartment doesn't have AC...
    We live near a lake though so that will be nice to walk around!
  • talenarenee
    Options
    I grew up in Texas and lived three years in Kuwait- I can't wait for a little bit of heat! :-)

Now that it's warming up slightly and the flowers are changing, it's been wonderful here on Jeju. I also live out in the rural parts of the island in the new Global Education City area. Lots of places to hike and bike.
  • KDMJ23
    KDMJ23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined the group. I've been using myfitnesspal for 6 months. I'll be in Korea until August 2013.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all. I am new to this site. I have been living in Korea for 2 years. I hope this group stays active.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am in Ulsan - 2 years come this August. I'll be here until at least August 2014.

Chris
  • talenarenee
    Options
    When it comes to healthy activities, nothing beats Jeju. When it comes to eating healthy (or at least being able to more accurately track it!), I miss Whole Foods back home! :-)

I'll be in Jeju until June 2014 for sure. I'll decide this fall if I'm signing an extension to my teaching contract.

What's everyone else doing here in Korea?

Can't wait to head up to Seoul in a week for the holiday!
  • miamiink89
    Options
    I really want to go to Jeju but I don't think I will have time :( I'm teaching in a hagwon here with my boyfriend. We live in Asan. It's pretty handy for getting up to Seoul etc but its a quiet place. I really like living in Korea but and will be sad to leave in October but I really don't enjoy the job. I trained as a teacher back home and it is just too different here, I really don't think I'd like public school either (although I'm sure it would be a bit better). I'm undecided about what to do next. I want to teach in an international school but it would be difficult for my boyfriend to also get a job in the same county (his background is in ICT). That's why we came to Korea - it was easy for us both to get a job here!
    I'm excited for the holiday too. I'm going to Gyeongju with some friends here. I'm heading up to Seoul this weekend for the lantern festival :)
    I also miss being able to more accurately track food. I also miss living in a country where it's easy to be a vegetarian!
  • talenarenee
    Options
    Yeah, I'm glad to work at an international school here. Because we're a boarding school on Jeju, we don't have the same number of kids going to hogwons as the other schools do and the parents are starting to actually see how not being in a school for 12 hours a day is actually a good thing for their kids!
  • hevans1207
    hevans1207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been in Korea for 2 1/2 years and I'll be here until April 2013. I'm living in Chuncheon. I've put on a lot of weight since I got here, but I'm looking forward to getting back into shape before I go home! I joined MFP awhile ago, but just started to actually use it.
  • CMB1979
    Options
    I've been in Korea for 2 1/2 years and I'll be here until April 2013. I'm living in Chuncheon. I've put on a lot of weight since I got here, but I'm looking forward to getting back into shape before I go home! I joined MFP awhile ago, but just started to actually use it.

I'm assuming you mean April 2014 (not 13) since that has already passed. I'm right with you there. I live in Ulsan.

I went from 265 to 185 before I got here. Went from 185 to 179 and then to 206 a few months later. Now...after almost 2 years here, I'm back down to 184.

It's certainly been a roller coaster ride.
  • hevans1207
    hevans1207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    oops yes April 2014...sounds so far away! how much longer will you be in korea? i find it difficult to lose/maintain here, because i'm constantly tempted and the fact that it's considered rude to refuse staff dinners means i'm often eating bbq and soju past 10 pm which is always good, but I'm to the point now (it only took 2 1/2 years), that I realize what I have to do for me and hopefully i can stick with it!

I'm assuming you mean April 2014 (not 13) since that has already passed. I'm right with you there. I live in Ulsan.

I went from 265 to 185 before I got here. Went from 185 to 179 and then to 206 a few months later. Now...after almost 2 years here, I'm back down to 184.

It's certainly been a roller coaster ride.
  • CMB1979
    Options
    oops yes April 2014...sounds so far away! how much longer will you be in korea? i find it difficult to lose/maintain here, because i'm constantly tempted and the fact that it's considered rude to refuse staff dinners means i'm often eating bbq and soju past 10 pm which is always good, but I'm to the point now (it only took 2 1/2 years), that I realize what I have to do for me and hopefully i can stick with it!

I just signed for another year - so August 2014 at least. I have no reason to return home at the moment. As for alcohol and dinners, I just say that I don't like alcohol or I have other plans already. If I do go to a dinner and my principal offers me alcohol, I may touch the shot glass to my lips, but I don't drink it.
  • skinnymegs2012
    Options
    I'm still here. Feel off the wagon but as of today I'm back on again! :smile:
  • seoulpal
    Options
    hello. i am studying here in korea. been here almost two years. new member
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ulsan! Been here a year and two months. Feel free to add me if you are still living in Korea!