Week 1 of Combat

Options
cjem2011
cjem2011 Posts: 43 Member
This thread is for folks currently in Week 1 of Combat....

Replies

• womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • cjem2011
    Options
    What week are YOU in now, womaniam?
  • LeanQuest
    LeanQuest Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi all, just joined the group today and I'm looking forward to starting week 1 tomorrow.

I have done the basics dvd so know what to expect technique wise.

Although I have been inactive the past 4 years I did spend most of my teens doing Thai-boxing so really looking forward to this workout programme.
  • cjem2011
    Options
    Hi LeanQuest! I'm glad you found us! I bet it won't take long to find your groove with Combat--a lot of things will come back to you :) Congrats on getting back in the game!!
  • LeanQuest
    Options
    Hi LeanQuest! I'm glad you found us! I bet it won't take long to find your groove with Combat--a lot of things will come back to you :) Congrats on getting back in the game!!

Thank you, looking forward to hearing how others are finding the plan and I'll besure to update daily!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! Combat is an awesome program. You will definitely enjoy it!! Always good to hear others' take on the program. What schedule are you going to follow?
  • LeanQuest
    Options
    Hi, starting out with the Warrior plan as I'm not very fit at the moment! I'm also planning on doing some stretching on the off days as not feel very supple!

I just did my first workout, combat kickstart 30. I throughly enjoyed it. I found the music to be current but not overpowering. The workout itself is structured very well indeed.

When combined with a good diet I expect the results to be good over the 60 days.
  • cjem2011
    Options
    LeanQuest--Every workout you do is going to get you fitter and fitter. The way you are today is going to be a distant memory in a handful of months :) I know we're looking forward to seeing your results after 60 days!!
  • LeanQuest
    Options
    Just a quick update. I did the HIIT Power workout and I can honestly say I thought I was going to puke at one point! I can't remember the last time I sweated so much! I kept up for most of the workout but the floor exercises were tough.
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome LeanQuest to the group :) I myself will be restarting week 1 today due to being sick or my kids being sick so I am refocusing on myself and getting back into the fight. I am going with the Ultimate Warrior plan again since it worked well for me the first time.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Great job folks!! Glad you all are enjoying it!! Combat is just a fun program. Even though I completed it a few weeks ago, I still do the routines to keep my cardio up for the time being.. Don't forget to take your before pictures and measurements. You'll really like the results after 60.
  • cjem2011
    Options
    Hi Team! I agree with Dale-- take those before pics so that you can have some awesome afters!! Just b/c Combat is fun doesn't mean it's not TOUGH. Like Dan and Rach say, "Stay with the Fight!"

Havea a great workout today!
  • LeanQuest
    Options
    Just done combat 45 power kata for the first time. I wasn't really looking forward to todays exercise as my legs are sore from yesterdays HIIT power. I was surprised how much energy I had. Tomorrow is a rest day but I think i'll do some stretching!
  • gabesgourmet
    Options
    Hi guys-this is my first week of Combat. I have been doing the Combat 30 all week because I was SCARED! But it has been GREAT!!! I am going to start following the workout calendar on Monday!

I absolutely love this program-the trainers are so encouraging and I find myself looking forward to my workout...that is something I have NEVER been able to say..I mean EVER!!
  • LeanQuest
    Options
    Hi guys-this is my first week of Combat. I have been doing the Combat 30 all week because I was SCARED! But it has been GREAT!!! I am going to start following the workout calendar on Monday!

I absolutely love this program-the trainers are so encouraging and I find myself looking forward to my workout...that is something I have NEVER been able to say..I mean EVER!!
    Goodluck for Monday! I won't lie the HIIT is tough but so rewarding. I started my diet the same day as Les Mills Combat and after 3 days I feel better than I have in 3 years! Keep us posted.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Great job folks!! Stick with it!!
    Just so you know, for those of us that have completed our 60 days of Combat, most of us are still doing the Combat routines because they are still so much fun! I completed the program back on 14 Feb and I still do 3 Combat routines a week for my Cardio. I do a 60 (Live or Studio depending on whether I want to tackle Dan's Capoeira track in Live) the 45, and on Fridays, I do 30 Live and Inner Warrior to keep some type of stretching in my routine. Because believe me, if Rach doesn't make me do it, I won't do it at all. :)
    All in all, this is a fantastic program and you will see results. As they say: "Stay with the fight!"
  • LeanQuest
    Options
    I did the HIIT Plyo yesterday and although I was covered in sweat and breathless it was a great workout. I agree with Dale in saying that I can see myself doing the combat workouts once i finish the plans as they are so much more fun than gym machines.
  • cjem2011
    Options
    LeanQuest--It's amazing how quickly your body will adapt to our workouts! Are you following the Meal Plan that came w/ Combat?

gabesgourmet-- WELCOME! Which calender plan are you following? Did you get your first official workout in? I remember being really intimidated by the thought of Combat 60, but when I went through it, It was SO FUN! I didn't clock-watch, which is something I tend to do when I'm bored or fatigued.

Keep with the fight, Team!
  • gabesgourmet
    Options
    Hi Cjem-I'm following the supreme warrior workout schedule. I have been doing a week of the combat 30 to see how I felt. I'm crazy out of shape and I was scared!! Last night I did the combat 45 Power Kata. I have loved everything so far!! I do not clock watch at all with the workouts...they keep you engaged and determined to push through. I have always HATED exercise, but I find myself looking forward to my workout-this has NEVER ever happened. I'm doing a beachbody challenge group on fb, and this has definitely helped keep me motivated too!!

So today I will officially start the schedule and it will be Combat 30. Tomorrow is HIIT Power-I'm scared! :)
  • dalehall64
    Options
    This was one of the few programs that, the longer the routine, the more I liked it.. 45 was my favorite for a long time. And then I got to 60 Live.. Still my favorite. When I need some extra cardio, I put in the 60 Live most of the time. The HIITs are a great change of pace from the Combat routines. Don't be intimidated. Just go as hard as you can, take breaks and modify when needed. Dan is an animal in Power HIIT with Talula and Tafelia.. (You'll know who they are after you do Power HIIT) Honestly, I think Upper Body Blow Out and Lower Body Lean out were harder than the HIITs were... You will feel it, but you will also see results.. Good luck with your program!!