Week 1 of Combat

Options
2»

Replies

• LeanQuest
    LeanQuest Posts: 57
    Options
    Finished my first week of the warrior plan, I enjoyed every workout to date.

I can see why home programmes are becoming so popular as they are so much more convenient, motivating and fun!

I weigh in for the first time tomorrow, I started at 210lbs so really intrested to see if I have lost weight!
  • cjem2011
    cjem2011 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    LeanQuest-- Good luck on your weigh-in--I hope you have some great results!! See you on the Week 2 thread :)
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone..
    @LeanQuest (and anyone just starting Combat) :: I will offer this warning.. Please don't expect to see dramatic results in the first month. You will see some results, but a lot of people have started to get discouraged at the 30 day mark because they didn't see HUGE decreases in weight. Like Insanity, you are going to see the most change in weight and inches after Month 2. Month 1 has shorter routines and you are still learning the moves, combos and transitions. During Month 2, the routines are longer, you'll know most of them, along with the moves and you can push it really hard. To be honest I took my Day 1 weight and measurements. I did keep an eye on my weight during the the time, because I had hit a plateau prior to starting Combat and was watching to break through that. But, although I didn't mean too, I skipped my 30 day measurements and just did 60 day measurements. (And was very happy weith them!) Since I started Combat the week after it was released, I didn't have anyone that had completed it to coach me along. We were all learning together. So, I'm passing my knowledge along to you in hopes you don't get discouraged and will give it the full 60 days no matter what your early results show.
  • cjem2011
    Options
    LeanQuest-- How did you do?

Dale-- Your post was AWESOME! It's true...it's like your body has 'homeostasis"--a point that it feels comfortable with, good or bad. For instance, people who start drinking water every day will see weight GAIN--just from drinking water! But when the body realizes that this is a new habit that is not going to change, it will adjust and adapt and flush out extra water after a few weeks. The same is true for working out...it takes about 6-8 weeks for our bodies to re-align with a new homeostasis state. This is why people generally do not see weightloss until the 2nd month of a program. And really, if you think about it, losing weight and getting pretty fit in 2 months is pretty incredible...especially if we have spent YEARS inactive and unhealthy. :)
  • gabesgourmet
    Options
    I am really enjoying this program...I did HIIT Power yesterday (OUCH!) I can definitely feel it in my thighs today...my legs are still shaky...today was combat 45 power kata...I really love this one. I feel like I am just settling in to the combat 30 when it's over, the combat 45 gives me a little more oomph I love! I am worried about the combat 60 tomorrow though! All I can do is my best though!
  • dalehall64
    Options
    You will enjoy it.. Combat 60 is a great routine.. I actually did Combat 60 Live this morning. I LOVE that one.. The leg tracks in both of the 60's gave me issues early on. But, they are awesome routines..
  • cjem2011
    Options
    gabesgourmet--I remember when I started Combat a couple of months ago...Dale was about 2 weeks ahead of me. I told him the SAME thing--that I was worried about C60. But he told me it was fun and that the time went quickly. After my workout, I had to agree--it WAS fun and I didn't 'clock-watch' at all! So don't be intimidated and have a great workout!
  • Kryn_n
    Kryn_n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to start 2nd round (Hybrid) wish me luck !!:happy:
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Good Luck Kryna.. You got this!
  • cjem2011
    Options
    You got this, Kryna! Go get it!!!:wink:
  • Bell_Lucci
    Bell_Lucci Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Started Week one yesterday. Starting with the Supreme Warrior Schedule
  • I started week 1 today. Mom of 3 tiny tots, and because of a bad back and knee, I hadn't been able to get active. A beach body coach told me this was a pretty good workout for bad knees/backs, and wow! Went thru the basics last night, and the 30 this morning. My back and knee wasn't the problem! My arms were give out!

Just wondering though, will I ever get all the steps down? I felt lost thru most of it.. Is it ok to repeat the workout, or will it come with time? Trying to maximize my workouts LOL.

Also, I couldn't afford the shakeology, so I went with the walmart special, the body fortress whey protein powder. pretty similar in all nutrition except cholesterol and calcium/vitamins.. I got the recipe charts, and just switched my powder for shakeology.