Whole30 - Day 1

Options
Maasmondy
Maasmondy Posts: 54 Member
Today is Day 1 and I'm pretty confident right now, lol! But it's only been 1 meal, lol. Is anyone else doing a Whole 30 right now?

Any tips, hints and recipes are welcome!

Replies

• kerrylee54
    Options
    I'm on day 16 of my first "Whole 30" and am feeling great! I find the website very helpful, and I did subscribe to the daily newletter and find lots of helpful hints through that.

My favourite quote from the website (and one I've used for motivation a few times during the past two weeks) is this:
    "It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. "

Pre-cooking/planning helps me a great deal - makes my work week much easier! I wish you all the best on your journey
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    We lived off of the Practical Paleo cookbook during our Whole30. Loved it! Now we've expanded to include Everyday Paleo as well, although we're not on the Whole30 anymore. There are also some websites, like NomNomPaleo, that have recipes online. I definitely suggest checking those out to get an idea of what you can eat when it feels like there's NOTHING.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love the Practical Paleo cookbook as well. I think it is a MUST! :) ... They even have 30 day meal plans, several to choose from. I followed the one called Squeaky Clean Paleo for part of my Whole30. You can download the grocery lists for the meal plans on their website also which I liked.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 7 of my first Whole 30. Haven't finished reading It starts with food yet, and I am only halfway through "The Primal Blueprint" but I am giving it a go...feel free to add me - although I am a total newbie.

Finding it ok so far. Had a massive breakfast this morning as I found I was getting hungry before lunch yesterday - hope it was a good thing to do!

I have been so tired lately (from being overweight, stressed and starting a lifting regieme) so today I am having a rest week in terms of lifting, and I am hoping that I will soon see some energy improvements.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16 of my first "Whole 30" and am feeling great! I find the website very helpful, and I did subscribe to the daily newletter and find lots of helpful hints through that.

My favourite quote from the website (and one I've used for motivation a few times during the past two weeks) is this:
    "It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. "

Pre-cooking/planning helps me a great deal - makes my work week much easier! I wish you all the best on your journey

Out of interest, how long did it take you to start "feeling great"? What kind of improvements have you seen so far?
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of the whole 30 as well! its a good time to start (anytime right?) You can add me if you want and we can go through the whole 30 together.
  • Maasmondy
    Options
    I love NomNom Paleo as well as Paleomg! Marks Daily Apple is a daily read. I feel like I'm pretty well prepped for this...

I don't have ISWF...yet. I'd really like Well Fed, too. But good to hear about the other recommendations for books/recipes!

Thanks everyone. :D
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Finishing up Day 4 of my second whole 30(the first one lasted 42 days).
    It gets better and better as you move through it.The first week or 2 can be difficult if you are coming from a high carb/processed food background but it does get better and it's worth it in the end.
    The big thing to remember is it's not a diet.It's a chance to tune into your body and put it back together again.
    It gives you a better relationship with food and realise that the scale doesn't really mean anything at all.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Marmelg
    Marmelg Posts: 8
    Options
    I am on Day 1 as well, today so far has been great! Good luck to everyone!
  • tantinah
    tantinah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I also started whole30 on March 4. Using recipes from Well fed and Paleo comfort foods.
    Same, feel free to add me if anyone wants to do this together :)
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love NomNom Paleo as well as Paleomg! Marks Daily Apple is a daily read. I feel like I'm pretty well prepped for this...

I don't have ISWF...yet. I'd really like Well Fed, too. But good to hear about the other recommendations for books/recipes!

Thanks everyone. :D

Well Fed is AMAZING. In my opinion the best I've seen. I love the simplicity, the mix and match style and weekly cooking approach. And of course, the DELICIOUSNESS factor. I have been living off it!
  • Maasmondy
    Options
    How's everyone holding up? Day 3!
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Day 8. Just restocked on supplies. I felt like I bought every animal from the ranch :bigsmile:
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 of my second Whole30 - I completed one this past September. I also love nomnompaleo, as well as theclothesmakethegirl.com.

I feel amazing. Energetic, no cravings - and am enjoying many new recipes from sites above, as well as stuff I find on Pinterest. I recently invested in a new programmable slow cooker, a cast iron skillet, and various clean-sourced ingredients for all these new recipes - including ordering grass-fed short ribs online! It's been a yummy experience thus far, and I look forward to the stuff I plan to try in the coming weeks.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    all going well here.had a bit of a wobbly and didn't fall.feel so much better today and lacking in the cravings from yesterday.
    how's day 3 and how are you feeling thus far?
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 - my husband and I started last Friday. I didn't feel too badly this week, except for some weird stomach issues. How was everyone else's first week so far?
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I'm on day 6 - my husband and I started last Friday. I didn't feel too badly this week, except for some weird stomach issues. How was everyone else's first week so far?
    normally I cook one day and in bulk..if u have no issue eating the same things throughout the week it makes it far easier
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Day 11 of my Whole30, and I feel much better! Question - is anyone else having major problems trying to stay away from the scale? I haven't managed to break that habit yet, but I'm not weighing daily like I did before... I'd like to break my dependence on the scale, but don't know how...

On the plus side, I'm down 3.4 pounds already! It took me a month to lose that amount previously!