When to accept that you will not have a child?

Options
2»

Replies

• powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    WE have been trying for 6 years. It doesn't help that my husband travels for work and never seems to be home when I O (if I O) my doctor wants us to do some of the testing, ultrasound and all that stuff to be able to have kids, which I wouldn't mind, BUT I am a teacher. I can't take all that time off work.

I know how tough it is, especially when you hear people with PCOS say that it happens to them, well why can't it happen to me? It's frustrating, and I just want you to know I understand!

That is a long time..could you work it out to arrange it during the summer when your off on summer vacation? I know everything just seems endless and trying, and just not do-able.. I was there a few months ago, I am a little better now, but I usually start out hopeful, then I get frustrated, then I give up... This will be my 3rd round in almost 2.5 years... sooo.. we shall see. I wish you lots of baby dust.... and a miracle story too :)
  • NikkiDT9211
    NikkiDT9211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The main problem is his morphology. They are nice and quick so getting to the destination isn't the problem, them getting through the barrier is. He is on a vitamin regime that might help (fingers crossed). I might talk to my DR about IUI though. See if it might help.
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The main problem is his morphology. They are nice and quick so getting to the destination isn't the problem, them getting through the barrier is. He is on a vitamin regime that might help (fingers crossed). I might talk to my DR about IUI though. See if it might help.

How is it going Nikki??
  • alubi02
    alubi02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was reading everyone's posts above and feel much better knowing that I am not alone. I am turning 28 next month, my husband is 35, and we were intensely TTC. I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago and went undiagnosed for 4 years before that. I put on 80 lbs. in 2004. My gynecologist sent me to some half-assed reproductive endocrinologist. It was my fault for not doing my research. I was put on Metformin and Clomid for months. Then they wanted me on Ovidrel injection and an IUI. I started nursing school and decided I would not use BC, and would take a break. I was constantly disappointed every month as well as most. I needed a break. I am in nursing school and if it happens I will make it work, but probably won't actively TTC until next year again. I am focusing on losing weight and getting my hormones under control. We have discussed adoption, but I don't think I could accept not being able to have a child. I would like just one of my own and would gladly adopt after that.
  • BeastetteShaz
    BeastetteShaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Firstly don't quit trying to achieve your dream. 10 years my husband & i were trying to conceive (from when our daughter was 2) I could sit here and tell you all day about how the medical team nearly killed me because i wanted a baby so bad.
    from liver damage, kidney damage, stuffing up in surgery during my D&C to wrong medication. it took me just over a year to repair my liver from the birth control pill to regulate my cycles. weekly i'd need blood test. (stay away from Yaz/Yasmin birth control) i went on 300mg clomid, 2000mg metformin to get pregnant. I lost my hair, depression, anxiety got worse, gained weight, got pregnant and miscarried, thyroid screwed up. I was told i needed to lose weight to get pregnant but that it was impossible for a woman with pcos to lose weight and to just accept I'll never lose it and never get pregnant.
    I joined a gym in May, have lost alot of weight and guess what? in september and late october i got pregnant (that's right, twice) without any medication. I miscarried very early though because of my thyroid. But at least i know that when i do want a baby (now it's unlikely as I'm sick of being hurt) that i do have a good chance to carry a baby if i get the right medical attention in time.
    If you really want it, don't give up. chase the dream and it will come true.