Team Bob- Week 9 Challenge

Options
6mimi
6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
Woo Hoo! Go Team Bob!:bigsmile:

I am posting this Monday night but the challenge does not start until Tuesday. I just wanted to post it in case someone wanted to start it first thing in the morning.

We have a different challenge each day this week except for Saturday and Sunday which is a weekend workout mini challenge. Let's all participate as much as possible to keep our team going strong. We need each others support!!:heart:

:flowerforyou: Tuesday: Your choice…50 crunches or 10 minutes of dancing to your favorite songs – Log on here to let us know if you did them/ how many/ if you needed to modify in any way. If you danced, let us know what tunes got you moving!

:flowerforyou: Wednesday: Find a new healthy recipe that you will try someday soon and post it on here to share with the team.

:flowerforyou: Thursday: drink at least 8 cups of water- Log on here to let us know how many cups of water you got in for the day.

:flowerforyou: Friday: 50 squats- Log on here and let us know how many squats you did and how bad your legs and butt now hurt!

:flowerforyou: Saturday and Sunday: Mini workout challenge! Log on here to let us know what you did and how many calories you burned on Saturday and Sunday. The person who burns the most calories this weekend wins a card in the mail from me (or if you would rather not give an address I will make a sign for you on my profile picture).

:flowerforyou: Monday: Weigh in tomorrow! Log on here to let us know what your daily calorie goal was and how close you were to it.

Let's do it team!

Replies

• bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am going to try for 200 crunches... can anyone beat me? All you need is 201... if I make it :)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Ohhhh... I see a competitive spirit! Can anyone top Bokatok?:tongue:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    If anyone does the dancing today instead of crunches, here are a few links you can copy and paste to your computer to bring up some you tube Zumba videos. You can also dance to your own music of course!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZop9VA9Uc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vL06Xqw6Q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18rEKfQsbrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7FuxSi7AMY
  • bokatok
    Options
    I am up to 100 thus far. :-)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Such a show off!:laugh:

I am going to try to beat you so watch out!!!

:glasses: Hey look! This little smile face can be me trying to cover my black eye. :glasses:
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    just saw this...does my 35 minutes of zumba count this morning? not the typical stuff i'd dance to, but it get's me moving!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Oh yes Mazarith! That counts for sure. I did a 4 minute zumba dance video earlier today too. I am trying to beat Bokatok on her crunches. So far I am at 120.

Great job on that Zumba! That was a major calorie blaster!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    O.k. Bokatok... I did 250 crunches. Did anyone beat that?:bigsmile: I also did Zumba for 30 minutes to various fast songs and a good stretch to the song Titanium. ...... "You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium!"....:laugh: sorry. It's still going through my head!
  • bokatok
    Options
    I did 210. Go MIMI you killed it. No one else can top 250?
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Got my dancing done to "no more" don't know artists
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I did 210. Go MIMI you killed it. No one else can top 250?

Thanks Bokatok! Ha! I almost stopped at 210 but then thought of you and realized I needed to push to 250 if I wanted a chance to beat you.:laugh:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Got my dancing done to "no more" don't know artists

Way to go Yspen42! I am going to google that song today and then dance to it in celebration of you meeting our days challenge!:bigsmile: Proud of you girl!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Here is one that I am going to try soon. It sounds super easy, healthy and would probably make the house smell yummy!

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 8 servings • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g

Ingredients:
    24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
    14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
    15 oz can black beans
    8 oz frozen corn
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
    3 scallions, chopped
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
    salt to taste

Directions:
    Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.

Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.
  • bokatok
    Options
    I edited a recipe for Sweet Potato Donuts. I couldn't quite get the donut concept so I made little drop cookie looking things.

Ingredients:

1 Can of Pumpkin

1/2 Cup whole wheat flour

1/2 Cup Vanilla protein powder ( I used Body By Vi)

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 to 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

2 tsp baking powder

cinnamon sugar to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients in large bowl .

Form 1oz cookies/balls. (Should be about 15-17) Place on non-stick cookie sheet.

Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar

Bake for about 25 minutes.
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fabulous recipes!! I will have to give both if them a try. So today is all about the water. I'm down 4 glasses with 4 more to go!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Wow MsEye.. I am just starting cup 2. Way to go! I have noticed I need to get more water in. I usually don't have a problem with the 8 cups, but I have been having some coffee lately and have read that for every cup of coffee you should have another cup of water. I keep that in mind for our water challenge today.
  • bokatok
    Options
    Anyone interested in a 12-15 cup battle? I KNOW I can get in 12.
  • bokatok
    Options
    Coffee is a natural diuretic. It unfortunately flushes out the good stuff. I really try to limit my coffee intake, when I do have a cup it is decaff. As I sit here drinking a cup..............hehe. My partner cut her coffee down from about 4-6 cups a day to 2, ok so I forced her. She upped her water from 0 to 8-12. She said she feels good. Since upping my water I feel great. I have read several good articles on the benefits of drinking water. Most say it facilitates weight loss, helps with skin conditions all sorts of stuff. The link below has some good info that directly pertains to us regarding exercise and weight loss.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/5-little-known-benefits-of-drinking-water.html#b

Happy Drinking Everyone!!!
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok Ok, I'm here! Recipe for yesterday...Beef Pot Roast with Turnip Greens & Parsnips

They have a produce event every Thursday at the Y, bought parsnips, greens, turnips....I'm making this when my Dad is here to visit this weekend! Here's the link..

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beef-pot-roast-with-turnip-50400000110436/

I'm at 5 cups of water so far, bokatok, I'll aim for 12. :drinker:

And just as a carry-over from Team Jillian's board ( I love their challenge!) I am so happy today because I am officially free and clear of my BMI falling in the "obese" category!!! WOOOO!! two more pounds til onderland!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe Mazarith. I'll go check it out right now. :bigsmile: I don't know if I can hit 12 cups of water. I will try. I am at 5 right now. Congratulations Mazarith on being so close to onederland!