Will be new to RNY; Not new to WLS

tkee99516
tkee99516 Posts: 6 Member
Hello! I'm new to this forum & have learned a lot already by reading through other member's posts, which is really helpful. My history in a nut shell: Had a Lap Band put in on 8/2009 and had lost 60lbs over a period of 2 1/2yrs - not the fastest, but that was ok for me. Then my band slipped & had emergency surgery to take it out 3/2012. Since that time, I tried to keep the weight off, but to my dismay, on it piled on as if there were no tomorrow. Two weeks ago I made the decision to have the RNY bypass. My surgery date is one week away - 3/11/2013. Amazingly, didn't have a problem with Triwest (my insurance) in having a repeat WLS. I figured I would have to (at a minimum) at least go through one appeal, but they actually took less than 12 hours to approve it. So my journey begins again in a one week's time.

Please feel free to "friend" me, as any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Very sorry to hear about the band problems. I had rny on 9-27-12 and am doing very well with it. Took three denials and a year to get approval, so I am very grateful. Hope all goes well in this new surgery!