March 5th

Options
2»

Replies

• scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me. I was way more out of breath today but I think I'm working harder. I wouldn't say I find it any easier but I think my endurance is up a little. Still, roll on 31st! :laugh:
  • tinarex
    tinarex Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 and feeling good! For whatever reason day 1 was a killer for muscle soreness the next few days, day 2 I felt fine after, and today I felt winded way quicker. I guess all part of building up endurance and rather than noticing soreness I notice tiredness more. I have to agree- those bicycle crunches at the end kill me! Hoping as I lose weight and get stronger I can do real push-ups, since after a bad injury/surgeries my wrist can't handle all my body weight just yet.

I made myself a calendar with a countdown and really trying to force myself to do all 30 days in a row in hopes of the best results possible!
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    Anyone with knee issue should RICE it - rest, ice, compress and elevate. When you do exercise, wear a knee brace and be sure when you do lunges that your knee doesn't come over your foot. And remember to ICE after! Be careful and good luck!
  • BarbBBQ
    BarbBBQ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    done! But feels good
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Day 5, done.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Today was by far the hardest day to get up and moving. once I did, though , I brought it harder than any other day so far I even followed up with about 25 minu I even followed up with about 25 minutes a super intense power yoga! It is getting easier!!!
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I added something to Day 5 of the 30DS. I stoked up the fire, it was 80 degrees in the livingroom and I blasted through my workout. It was kinda like "hot yoga". GREAT workout! Then, 40 minutes on the elliptical. Feeling amazing!
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1

A bit easier, but the pushups at the beginning are killer. Good to get them out of the way.

Took my measurements today:

B: 36.5
    W: 31.5
    H: 37.5
    Upper Thigh (L/R): 22.25/23.25
    Lower Thigh (L/R): 16.5/16.5
    Upper Arm (L/R): 11.25/11.0
  • Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had my Zumba class today, so I took today off from 30DS.

For those who are taking rest days, are you still planning to do 30 days of 30DS workouts?
  • tinarex
    Options
    My goal is to do 30 days in a row of good eating and shredding. I probably have never in my life done 30 days of not screwing up so hopefully having a short-term goal like completing the 30DS will help.
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to start? I am going to start tomorrow!
  • LeeLee6184
    LeeLee6184 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    D2 for me :) not any easier than D1 and I'm way more sore but I think that means I pushed myself. Will try pushing harder each day. I love reading about all of your experiences thru it all because it seems we have similar hurdles to get thru. Keep up the good work everyone!! I know I'm def tryin to :)
  • LeeLee6184
    LeeLee6184 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do 30 days in a row of good eating and shredding. I probably have never in my life done 30 days of not screwing up so hopefully having a short-term goal like completing the 30DS will help.

I have the same problem! I'm one of those that can't seem to stick to anything. Hope that'll change! Def agree with u that sticking to a shorter goal might help us push thru to the finish! :)
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had to do some important things this morning so I was not able to shred like I usually do early which really through me off. I kept blowing it off but finally 9pm rolled around and I made myself do it. I really badly want to complete the 30 day shred, 10 days on each level for 30 days straight. Last time I tried (started Jan 1st) I took some rest days and after completing day 26 I went out of town for a couple days and totally fell off the wagon. Yes I did quit on day 27 : ( But it was also because I had let myself down already....when I had started I wanted to complete it with NO rest days. So I am going to do it this time.....WITH NO REST DAYS!

Who else is doing the shred with no rest days?
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    Since this is round 2 for me I decided to try a different approach. I did the first two days of Level one and then did level two, and tonight level three. Tomorrow back to level one. I'll probably just alternate one, two and three through the month as I go. After doing 30 DS in order and then RI30 in order (way spread out, but still in order, haha) I need to mix it up a bit more. Haha!
  • tinarex
    Options
    Started L2 today. For me it was a big change from L1 in terms of stamina for sure. But that feels good at the same time to know I am working hard and hopefully by the end of L2 I'll be in the groove just in time to switch to L3! (;

Also- Just wondering if anyone modifies the plank exercises? I have a wrist injury (car accident, 3 surgeries including reconstruction) and it is hard for me to put all my weight on it especially while doing other movements at the same time. For instance, rather than the final plank ab moves I just did the bicycle crunches from L1. I am assuming, though, that L1 exercises are L1 for a reason and aren't going to give the same effect as L2 is aiming for.