What To Do In-Between "Rounds" Of CLX

Options
bluelena
bluelena Posts: 304 Member
I'm going into my last week of Lean this week, and I know I want to do one more round of CLX before I move on to Stronglifts 5x5.

The week after Lean will be pretty much a "rest week", as I'll be spending 4 days in New Orleans right after I finish.

After that, I'm not sure that I want to go right back into CLX. I'm considering maybe checking out Jillian's Ripped in 30, since it's only 4 weeks. Anyone tried that? I could always just go back to doing TJ and some TF, but I'm really looking for something "different".

What does everyone do in between "rounds"? Do you just go right back into Burn, or do you take a break and do other things?

Caveat: I only do the 3 lifting days of CLX consistently. Sometimes I do the Burn Intervals and/or Burn it off/Recharge, but my cardio is mostly running and TJ with the odd TF HIIT throw in once in awhile on a lift day.

My plan once I start Stronglifts is to lift 3x/week and then do 2-3 days of whatever cardio I choose. Just like now, replacing CLX with Stronglifts.

ETA - I will be starting boxing classes soon - planning on 1x/week for 1.5 hours. SO EXCITED. I got the deal on Living Social - 5 lessons for $25. After that, it's $25/lesson, so if I like it I may go 3-4 times a month just to do something different .

Replies

• amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the "lean for life" plan with CLX? It is in the workbook and it has you just rotate the burn/push/lean workouts so that over the course of three weeks, you have done each one once... (first week burn 1, push 2, lean 3... next week lean 1, burn 2, push 3, etc. ) continuing with the cardio on those set days. I never got that far last time I did CLX, but I think I'm going to try to do that this time and just keep rotating the dvd's.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I did the Lean for Life schedule for a month, then just sort of did my own thing for another month, mixing up all my workout DVDs. I missed the structure of scheduled workouts and a plan, so I just restarted the Lean phase, since that was my favorite one.
  • bluelena
    Options
    I've considered the Lean For Life phase, but I think right now that I need a break from Chalene.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I did Lean for Life for about a month and then did another round of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. And now I'm doing my 2nd round of CLX. I too need something different every 3 months or I get bored!!!
  • bluelena
    Options
    That's me. I get bored. CLX is the first program I've made it all the way through. I quit 10 minute trainer beceause of boredom, and never really followed a schedule with Turbo Jam. 30 day shred bored me to death, but then I didn't understand how it worked and was trying to do the workout daily. Oh, how much we learn over time! (It was part of my Uverse free workout channel)

So if you count all of the TJ I've done, we're coming up on a year or so that I've worked out with Chalene. I love her, but don't want to burn out on her. I feel like the burnout is just around the corner.

How did you like Body Revolution? I hadn't looked into that one.

I'm trying to keep cost at a minimum since all of my fitness money has to go into a gym membership so I can start Stronglifts in a few months.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    That's me. I get bored. CLX is the first program I've made it all the way through. I quit 10 minute trainer beceause of boredom, and never really followed a schedule with Turbo Jam. 30 day shred bored me to death, but then I didn't understand how it worked and was trying to do the workout daily. Oh, how much we learn over time! (It was part of my Uverse free workout channel)

So if you count all of the TJ I've done, we're coming up on a year or so that I've worked out with Chalene. I love her, but don't want to burn out on her. I feel like the burnout is just around the corner.

How did you like Body Revolution? I hadn't looked into that one.

I'm trying to keep cost at a minimum since all of my fitness money has to go into a gym membership so I can start Stronglifts in a few months.

I really liked JMBR but it is very different than CLX. It's circuit training and she does all the weight moves pretty quickly....not slow and heavy like CLX. And while I do like Jillian and think she's an amazing trainer, I much prefer Chalene's personality. She's just more encouraging and not all drill-sargeant like Jillian!