My Fitness Pal and The Plan

Options
kayceeme
kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
I don't know about you, but it kind of freaks me out to log my Plan meals into MFP. MFP tells me that I should be consuming only 1200 cals/day and I go over by 500-800 cals every day. It predicts that I am going to gain so much weight! Fortunately, that hasn't been the case so far. Still, I find MFP a handy way to track what I'm eating, how much water I'm drinking, etc.

Also, use the "notes" at the bottom of the food diary to track what "Day" I'm on, what reaction I had, etc.

Just wondering how the rest of the group is utilizing MFP while on "The Plan".

Replies

• GmaQueenBee
    GmaQueenBee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of using the "notes" to keep track of what day you're on. I track calories, fiber, carbs, and fat but only pay attention to the last 3. Yes, it does freak me out to see that I'm over by 300 to 400 calories but as long as I continue to lose I'm not worrying. I've lost more in the past 3 weeks than I have in the past year.
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kayceeme
    kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Jocymc,

I also use the food diary to keep track of protein, etc. In addition, I changed my settings to track sodium, since that seems to be one of the things that The Plan is very concerned about.

That's awesome that you've lost more in 3 wks than the past year! Congrats on that!

I am a bit up and down on the scale, but definitely more down than up. Helps me stick with it.