Negative chin up question

Options
For stage 6, when doing them, are you supposed to hold yourself up for 20 seconds then slowly yourself, or is the slow lowering part of the 20 seconds, like you want to stretch the lowering time out as long as possible? I haz confused. Thanks!

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think that you are supposed to lower yourself for 20 seconds. That's the part of the move that is making you prep for a real chin-up.
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The point is to lower yourself over the 20 second time period. I was never able to get there, myself!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yes, its 20 sec to lower yourself. I just finished my 6A workouts. I did 2 real chinups afterward!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    So there is no holding yourself up over the bar at all, right?
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, its 20 sec to lower yourself. I just finished my 6A workouts. I did 2 real chinups afterward!

You did?!?! That's so awesome!!! I am almost done with stage 6...suspect it's not going to happen, but I would be so happy if it did!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Any of you stage 6ers try doing chin ups during the stage? Or did you just wait till the very end? I just tried after 1A and couldn't, but didn't figure i would.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I finally tried on my next to last workout because I was too chicken before then. and the only time I kept above the bar was in the very beginning of the exercise when I was trying to steady myself. so maybe 5 seconds?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Any of you stage 6ers try doing chin ups during the stage? Or did you just wait till the very end? I just tried after 1A and couldn't, but didn't figure i would.
    Yes, I did. I did the negative chin-up during 1A (30 sec, 35 sec, 40 sec) only. I felt like I could do more so beginning with 2A I did full chin-ups; per set: 4 chins, 3 chins, 3 chins.

Throughout stage 6 I had weaker days when I could only do 2 or 3 full chin-ups per set. By the end of stage 6 I was doing 4 chin-ups for all 3 sets.