Stretching

Options
I'm struggling to find any specific information in the book about stretches after the workout although he describes warm ups in detail. I'm comfortable doing my own stretches but wondered if there was a particular reason for this. What do other people do?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I think there was a post on this not too long ago. Most agreed there should be something in the book, since there really isn't. Most said they do what they are familiar with, or already know how to do. I usually do HIIT after lifting, or JM abs, which has stretching at the end that I do. Otherwise, nothing for me.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    When doing NROL, I always did my own post-workout stretching, and then 25 minutes of yoga the morning after my workout.

Supercharged actually contains a foam rolling post-workout routine that I love. I think you can do whatever makes you feel good, but stretching afterwards is always a great idea.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I just got a foam roller today and I'm in LOVE! Haha....seriously, I can't wait to make foam rolling a habit. I'm excited to hear its in Supercharged as well!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    A serious oversight of the authors.

I spend a considerable amount of time stretching after each lifting workout. I stretch each muscle for 40-60 seconds.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful responses and apologies if this has been posted recently (I did a search but couldn't find anything).

I haven't heard of Supercharged but will look into this as I have a love/hate (mainly hate!) relationship with my foam roller - I know I should use it but it hurts so much!