INSANITY

Options

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    thinking about doing at Tai Cheng... not sure if i'm spelling it right lol. anyone have any experience with that?

Yeah I think got it right. Tai Cheng challenge pack is on sale this month if you're interested. I haven't done it but the moves are very similar to the traditional chinese Tai Chi which is a form of martial art but slow though.

trying to gauge how physically demanding it is. looks kinda relaxing... but i said that about yoga before i did yoga x

was thinking of doing this program in the morning and my own weight routine in the evening. but if the program is at all strenuous that wont work for me.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    thinking about doing at Tai Cheng... not sure if i'm spelling it right lol. anyone have any experience with that?

Yeah I think got it right. Tai Cheng challenge pack is on sale this month if you're interested. I haven't done it but the moves are very similar to the traditional chinese Tai Chi which is a form of martial art but slow though.

trying to gauge how physically demanding it is. looks kinda relaxing... but i said that about yoga before i did yoga x

was thinking of doing this program in the morning and my own weight routine in the evening. but if the program is at all strenuous that wont work for me.

I don't think it's strenuous at all. Check out these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCPrrsyP1-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzTrCH6dw4c&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Maybe you can be our Tai Cheng master here once you've done it :)
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So today was Asylum vertical plyo. I think I am going to cry everytime I'm going to sit down . Once I'm down ok, then I have to stand up and sit starts again.:sad:
    My glutes and hammies are screaming. I thought Insanity had a lot of squats but this was crazy for squat jumps, pretty much the whole workout. Then I took my dog for a hike in the woods (lots of hills) so double whammy.
    Tomorrow is rest day but I think I may do relief just to get a good stretch in, going to need it.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Final fit test today. I'm excited to be done. I've started attending bootcamp, which I feel is a little more difficult than insanity, but I plan to do month one again in combination w bootcamp. I'll let you know my final results later.
  • 2sweet84
    2sweet84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody,
    I'm starting recovery week tomorrow before month 2. So far not see much in the way of lbs lost but do see a change in te mirror. I am 5ft 7 and weigh 138lbs so not got a great deal to lose but want those abs! Have recently amended my macros to 40/40/20, is this ok or should I try to increase my protein consumption further? I'm vegetarian so the is more difficult but doable. I've also set my calorie goal to 1700.
    I'm interested to hear what results everybody achieved in month 2. Well done everybody on te journey so far & enjoy it :-)
  • allysonvb
    Options
    Done!
    I plAn to continue doing some of the workouts with the bootcamp that I've started. Here are my results from first fittest to last: switch kicks:101/104 (w better form); power jacks: 28/43; power knees: 70/109; power jumps: 17/24; globe jumps: 6/11; suicide jumps: 9/14; push up jacks: 7/26 (most proud of that one); low plank oblique: 33/49

Inches lost: 4 inches off waist, 1.25 off hips, 2.5 off bust, 1 off calves, 1 off neck. Thighs and biceps stayed the same, but I tend to bulk up with muscle development instead of slimming down! I'm okay with that, it's what I am. Thanks for this group, and your support. I'll be sticking around for you all, too!
  • Kevinkpcc55
    Kevinkpcc55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Running recovery week again, as i pulled my shoulder and need to recover before month 2. Enjoyed the first months work out and looking forward to bursting through month 2 to see the results
  • proton77
    Options
    @lyndabyh - LOL... yes stretching will help. Hope you feel better :)

@allysonvb - what bootcamp are you attending?

@2sweet84 - I would suggestin increasing your protein intake further to 45 or even 50% (which is what I did). 1700 should be fine :)

@kpcc55 - Awesome job! Keep digging deep!
  • 2sweet84
    2sweet84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hiya thank you, will look into that. Do you know of any protein bars hat are not high in fat? I'm in the uk. I'm also vegetarian so will be eating lots of beans! Cannellini, black eye, lentils etc.
    I enjoyed core recovery today but roll on month 2! Thank you :-)
  • proton77
    Options
    I personally use Pure Protein Bar. The Chocolate Deluxe flavor has 20g of protein, 17g of carb and 4.5g of fat. Not sure if it's available over there.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Should I trust my heart rate monitor during insanity workouts I'm getting 800 - 950 kcals burned with an average HR of 168 max HR of 188.

Those numbers seen a little high? My recovery is very good although my body has a hard time keeping up with my fitness level and the determination from my brain!
  • proton77
    Options
    @wffolkes - yes. 168-188 - you're in the zone buddy!
  • allysonvb
    Options
    @lyndabyh - LOL... yes stretching will help. Hope you feel better :)

@allysonvb - what bootcamp are you attending?

@2sweet84 - I would suggestin increasing your protein intake further to 45 or even 50% (which is what I did). 1700 should be fine :)

@kpcc55 - Awesome job! Keep digging deep!

I'm going to body Evolution bootcamp 3 times per week. May increase to five times next week.
  • proton77
    Options
    @allysonvb - what do they do in the bootcamp?How do you compare it with Insanity?

408012_168613699964642_1533053443_n.jpg
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Should I trust my heart rate monitor during insanity workouts I'm getting 800 - 950 kcals burned with an average HR of 168 max HR of 188.

Those numbers seen a little high? My recovery is very good although my body has a hard time keeping up with my fitness level and the determination from my brain!

how old are you?

Max Heart Rate = 220 - Age. that gets you within 20 + or - of your actual max. Stay safe.

at an average HR of 168 sure kicks my *kitten*.

If the overall calories burned matters to you, i'd recommend you don't start the HRM until after the stretching. That would make your average a little more accurate. Some models you might be able to log the warm up, stop logging, and then resume after stretching, but mine doesn't do that, so i can't log both the warm up and the main set like this with mine, but it makes me feel like i have insurance over the cals counting too high. Running the HRM during stretching will scew your AHR down... unless you want it to consider the time you spend stretching.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    personally i like power bar protein plus bars. they taste good and don't have nearly as much fat as many competitors. 210 cals, 6 g of fat, 25g carb, 20 g protein.
  • allysonvb
    Options
    @allysonvb - what do they do in the bootcamp?How do you compare it with Insanity?

Well.... it's different. Similar in that it is high intensity circuit training. Some of the same moves, except in bootcamp they isolate a muscle group for the hour (always with a mix of cardio to keep the HR up)- on Monday it was upper body (lots of planks, push ups and weights), Wednesday is lower body (I was sore for two days from the squats with weights), and Friday is a mix with lots of cardio (two minute runs after each circuit). I was never sore from Insanity the next day like I am with bootcamp, but I also don't feel as wiped out with bootcamp as I did with Insanity (which is why I am going to do the month 1 videos along with BC).
  • proton77
    Options

Well.... it's different. Similar in that it is high intensity circuit training. Some of the same moves, except in bootcamp they isolate a muscle group for the hour (always with a mix of cardio to keep the HR up)- on Monday it was upper body (lots of planks, push ups and weights), Wednesday is lower body (I was sore for two days from the squats with weights), and Friday is a mix with lots of cardio (two minute runs after each circuit). I was never sore from Insanity the next day like I am with bootcamp, but I also don't feel as wiped out with bootcamp as I did with Insanity (which is why I am going to do the month 1 videos along with BC).

Now that's interesting. I would love to feel sore the next day without feeling wiped out after the workout LOL.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Hi Proton! I'm still at it and I have 8 workout days left! Overall, I have gained 2-4 pounds but my measurements have stayed the same except for losing .5 inch on my belly button waistline and .5 inch on my thigh. So I guess that means that I have replaced fat with muscle and is why I weigh more. All my clothes still fit basically the same.

Ain't gonna lie though, can't wait to be done :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

Now that's interesting. I would love to feel sore the next day without feeling wiped out after the workout LOL.

lol i'm just the opposite, i'd rather feel like i gave it all and not have to pay for it the next day