INSANITY

Options

Replies

• proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    That's good to know. So do you think one could actually gain muscle doing the upper body elite or is it still a cardio workout?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i'd say gaining muscle would be almost entirely contingent on how many calories you are eating.

if you eat the propper amount of calories you should be able to add muscle. Even the insanity guide discusses how to eat to gain muscle (didn't think it did but i just looked at it yesterday).

So could you gain mass doing it? most definetly, but there are a lot more effective ways of doing that and they are probably a lot less demanding.
  • proton77
    Options
    I figured that was the case. Often time people associate Insanity/asylum with fat burning. Thanks for checking!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio was ok. Again doing better than I expected. I have followed P90X with Insanity before and always thought the p90x cardio didn't prepare me very well for insanity. This time around is much different. I have changed the way I look at food and eat and I recover quickly during the rest breaks. So defiantly a change from last time I did all this.

I wasn't impressed with my pic results from p90x. Feel like I look exactly the same in day one pics vs day 90, so we shall see if insanity changes that.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Hate to say I've fell of the Insanity wagon. I just got all off . I was thinking about started back Monday so I can have my rest day on Sunday. But really thinking I should get back in and start today.
  • proton77
    Options
    Pure Cardio was ok. Again doing better than I expected. I have followed P90X with Insanity before and always thought the p90x cardio didn't prepare me very well for insanity. This time around is much different. I have changed the way I look at food and eat and I recover quickly during the rest breaks. So defiantly a change from last time I did all this.

I wasn't impressed with my pic results from p90x. Feel like I look exactly the same in day one pics vs day 90, so we shall see if insanity changes that.

Awesome! Eat what our body needs and not what we want makes a huge difference. I'm glad that you're feeling a positive change. Way to bring it!
  • proton77
    Options
    Hate to say I've fell of the Insanity wagon. I just got all off . I was thinking about started back Monday so I can have my rest day on Sunday. But really thinking I should get back in and start today.

Identifying and overcoming the reason that made you fell off will help. What made you fell off the wagon?
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    last night was power legs. didn'thave much energy because of Shawn T's concetration camp like diet lol, but that didn't matter to much once i got started.

where i was watching the clock like a hawk during the upper body dvd, this one was a lot more fun... at times lol.

some dumbell but not much, mostly jumps. at one point i found myself making a lot of noise, which is unusual for me. then i paused for a second and i realized that everyone in the video was loud as hell too lol, then Shawn says something like 'if they don't know your working out two houses down from you, your not doing it right' lol
  • Power_Man77
    Options

Identifying and overcoming the reason that made you fell off will help. What made you fell off the wagon?

J.O.B throwing me all off. Just gonna focus what I have control over (my health). Let the rest do what it do.
    Good news signed up for a fitness challenge through my job eight weeks ago, you win based on you measurements. Just found out my numbers:

8 week challenge

Waist
    58 >50

Hip
    61>59

Weight
    382 > 376

So you know I'm hitting Insanity today
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Arrrghhh two more weeks and I can't get into it! Motivate me, please!
  • proton77
    Options
    @no_finish_line - yep, I heard that from Shaun T LOL... While I made a lot of noises doing Insanity, the loudest actually came from lifting weights (p90x) LOL

@power_man77 - good for you for joining the challenge. it's human nature (or maybe just for guys) to compete :)

@allysonvb - GOOD JOB! think of it as "just two more weeks". I recently posted an article about excuses or in a nicer way "I can't seem to get motivated" :) Let me know what you think:

http://www.fearlessleefit.com/motivation/excuses-is-that-the-best-you-can-do/

So last night was cardio for me. I did fast and furious again. I'm starting to feel that the new Focus T25 workout is going to be so popular and effective. Fast and Furious is a 20 minute workout which is slightly shorter than the 25-minute T25 but still F&F totally kicked my butt LOL. We're supposed to do it as fast as we can (with good form) in the 20 minute workout. With moves like diamond jump, power jump, plank squat.... you get the idea.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So my freind sent over the discs for Asylum last night. I think I will start on Monday, have to get an agility ladder so that's on the to do list this weekend ( if everything goes well and I get to town). If so Asylum here I come!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    you will probably love it! it is significantly different then insanity tho.

I did back and six pack last night. It was honestly a LOT of fun. you just did so many diverse things that you didn't get bored, or really even that tired. i really liked 'back to core' from the first asylum series, becasue it wasn't to hard and it seemed to hit all the little places in my back where i get chronic aches and pains an it really helped me a lot. This one had significantly more cardio then its predecessor, but it was fun and he got you on the pull up bar a lot. i was so happy that i could hang for all the pull up stuff. in the first asylum, i was barely participating in the pull ups. He always gives you a dumbell alternative to the pull ups, and sometimes in the first one i had to do that, but p90x changed that. the ab work was good too. Used to find ab work incredibly grueling, now its more like a break for me lol.

also got a tripod to hold my cell phone to kick my exhibitionism into high gear lol. $30 on amazon

7fdf1011-82d5-4397-aa33-5c649f5811ca_zpsdaecb2ce.jpg
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    by my calc, Shawn wants me to eat 1800 cals.

that seems hella low and completely crazy to me.

but i stepped into the asylum so... when in rome.
  • Power_Man77
    Options

J.O.B throwing me all off. Just gonna focus what I have control over (my health). Let the rest do what it do.
    Good news signed up for a fitness challenge through my job eight weeks ago, you win based on you measurements. Just found out my numbers:

8 week challenge

Waist
    58 >50

Hip
    61>59

Weight
    382 > 376

Found out today that I won the 8 week challenge at my job. Won a sweet pair of Bose headphones. Time to work out.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    power Man way to go!!
  • proton77
    Options
    you will probably love it! it is significantly different then insanity tho.

I did back and six pack last night. It was honestly a LOT of fun. you just did so many diverse things that you didn't get bored, or really even that tired. i really liked 'back to core' from the first asylum series, becasue it wasn't to hard and it seemed to hit all the little places in my back where i get chronic aches and pains an it really helped me a lot. This one had significantly more cardio then its predecessor, but it was fun and he got you on the pull up bar a lot. i was so happy that i could hang for all the pull up stuff. in the first asylum, i was barely participating in the pull ups. He always gives you a dumbell alternative to the pull ups, and sometimes in the first one i had to do that, but p90x changed that. the ab work was good too. Used to find ab work incredibly grueling, now its more like a break for me lol.

also got a tripod to hold my cell phone to kick my exhibitionism into high gear lol. $30 on amazon

7fdf1011-82d5-4397-aa33-5c649f5811ca_zpsdaecb2ce.jpg

nice bro!!
  • proton77
    Options

8 week challenge

Waist
    58 >50

Hip
    61>59

Weight
    382 > 376

Found out today that I won the 8 week challenge at my job. Won a sweet pair of Bose headphones. Time to work out.

congrats, way to go!
  • ivydiaz1983
    Options
    Starting Insanity tonight... Here I go!!! :bigsmile:
  • bllecroy
    bllecroy Posts: 31
    Options
    I completed p90x last summer and loved the results. I started insanity today. The fit test made me sore, so I know it's going to be a rough 2 months. Would love some insanity buddies! Please add me if you're currently doing insanity.