How is everyone doing so far?

Options
It has been about month, I am getting used to limiting my caloric intake to about 1500-1700, but there are days I have gone over that goal.. I am walking about everyday, which helps burn off some calories and I feel a lot better energy wise. Hunger pains can get pretty bad, but I get some chewing gum and that seems to satiate me, for a little bit.

Replies

• danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I find I don't have an issue keeping under on calories. I've lost 24 lbs in two months. I've been side tracked this week with a cold, or maybe sinus infection, and I really am missing cardio. It's a nice rest for my muscles but I'm eating a bit more than my calorie goal and not doing an exercise, mainly because I can't breathe. I was even all ready to git the gym yesterday for some light cardio, but as I was putting on my shoes I realized I couldn't breathe and it would just be better to stay home and rest. So I've been taking cold medicine and chugging OJ. Hopefully I feel up to doing at least some cardio tonight or tomorrow morning.
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track. I started 9/2011 and was really true to my diet. Lost a huge chunk and then hit a wall. I decided to take a month off to let my body readjust, then get restarted.

1 month turned into 8. No *kitten*. Busy at work. Busy at home. Busy with a ton of other *kitten* and generally not giving a F*%&.

Did a 20 mile hike over 2 days in September and handled that well, but was beat freaking tired by the end of day 2. The only reason I didn't give up was because I was 5 miles from nowhere and, well, you can't give up. :/
    I want to do the same trip this spring, with minimalist gear, and am hoping I cope better the second day now that I'm back to walking every day.

Now, I'm back to tracking my calories, running the stairs at work and walking during my breaks. My wife, also grossly overweight, isn't fully on board, but she has stopped getting seconds at dinner when I don't. Weekends are the worst. I pack a lunch and have a planned meal every day. When I get home, I try to eat right away and that keeps me from grazing. On the weekends, it's tougher to stick to a plan, especially when you are running back and forth and can't really plan anything out. I have a bull and oyster roast this weekend and plan on hitting the oysters hard, with little else. I'm back under the weight that I swore to myself last year that I would never see again, but I have a long way to go.

I love doing yard work and can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can work extra calories off outside doing what I enjoy. I'm a prepper and have been trying to do a lot of gardening and work in some hikes where I can with the family. I'm digging the weight bench out tonight.

TL/DR- Did well, didn't do well, now doing well, can't wait for it to warm up.

HUMONGO