Week 8 Distraction: Peignoir and Boudoir

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Just wondering if anyone is planning to incorporate either of these into your wedding plans. I found a great lady for boudoir up in PA and am considering doing a custom peignoir. Thoughts??

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I know what boudoir is but what's peignoir? And yeah, I'm thinking of doing it once I lose some weight- I see Groupon and LivingSocial deals for it alllllll the time. Just the thought makes me nervous though!
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Here's my favorite boudoir photographer (up in PA). Her name is Jen McKen and I became acquainted with her after she publicly took a stand against school bullies in her town. I <3 her :)

http://jenmckenphoto.com/?s=boudoir

http://jenmckenphoto.com/2012/05/summer-2012-boudoir-jen-mcken-photography/
  • lawyerette
    Options
    I know what boudoir is but what's peignoir? And yeah, I'm thinking of doing it once I lose some weight- I see Groupon and LivingSocial deals for it alllllll the time. Just the thought makes me nervous though!

A peignoir is the fancy nightgown/robe combination that you wear on your wedding night. Right now, this is my favorite one, but it is kind of expensive. Wondering if anyone has seen anything pretty that doesn't cost as much as a dress at David's :)

15ognx0.jpg

Nightgown http://www.shopinbloombyjonquil.com/Jonquil-Casablanca-Bridal-Nightgown-p/cba020iry.htm
    Robe http://www.shopinbloombyjonquil.com/Jonquil-Casablanca-Bridal-Lace-Robe-p/cba035iry.htm
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    With our photographer we get a free boudoir shoot. My fiance loves me no matter how I look (or where I've got fat and stretch marks) and is always telling me I am beautiful. I've considered taking advantage of the shoot but I'm still so self concious. Maybe over the summer if I can lose some weight, I can find some ways to hide what I call my 'trouble areas'...basically my stomach and butt.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I would love to do a boudoir photo shoot. However, it's not in the budget. Perhaps this would be a lovely anniversary gift!

Regarding a peignoir -- unless, someone gives me one as a gift.... there won't be one.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to do a boudoir before the wedding! I've never heard of the peignoir but it sounds like a really pretty idea! My fiance loves me the way I am and has asked me to have those photos done before but I'd rather hold off and feel better about myself when the time comes. I love the idea of being fearless and confident in front of the camera!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Wow, that IS really pretty! I've seen some pretty, classy-but-sexy things at Victoria's Secret- not exactly cheap but not as much as a whole dress either.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    I would love to do a boudoir photo shoot. However, it's not in the budget. Perhaps this would be a lovely anniversary gift!

Regarding a peignoir -- unless, someone gives me one as a gift.... there won't be one.

Barb - with your uncanny ability to find deals in the thrift stores, I would have thought you'd have found something beautiful and vintage for under $5. I've been combing the racks there myself since I really wanted something old fashioned. My mom's is lovely and I just can't find that level of craftsmanship in modern garments.
  • lawyerette
    Options

Can't remember where you live, but Jen is SUPER reasonable. It's $200 and includes hair/makeup and the "little black book" of images for your honey-bunny. I have found some in DC Metro for less, but I like her style and approach that focuses on real beauty and not the stuff in magazines. I know money is tight, so perhaps it would be nice for your anniversary and something for you to look forward to after all of your hard work!!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    I see tons of deals for boudoir on Groupon and LivingSocial too, if anyone is signed up on those :smile:
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth- Where in PA is she?
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Elizabeth- Where in PA is she?

1268 Blaire Rd, Blairsville, PA 15717
    (724) 840-0208

Her blog and website are super cute too...
  • michiganmanda
    michiganmanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One of my friends had a an entire boudoir calendar made of herself. She is thin but she has her own body image issues (ie no curves) and it still ended up looking very sexy. I think she had it done for free because it was by a photography student who wanted to use one for a class or something. She had like 60s style hair and make up which looked really nice.
  • irishgrim
    irishgrim Posts: 38
    Options

Can't remember where you live, but Jen is SUPER reasonable. It's $200 and includes hair/makeup and the "little black book" of images for your honey-bunny. I have found some in DC Metro for less, but I like her style and approach that focuses on real beauty and not the stuff in magazines. I know money is tight, so perhaps it would be nice for your anniversary and something for you to look forward to after all of your hard work!!

Let me know how it goes. I want to go to someone where other ladies have been and can share!
  • lawyerette
    Options

Guess what, Barb??! I totally felt like I was channeling you today :)

At my fitting, I asked my seamstress if she could make my peignoir because it was so expensive and I wasn't finding exactly what I wanted. She said sure but that the lace is expensive and that I probably would be better off finding something with the lace I wanted at Goodwill or a thrift store and having her remake it. Well, I spent most of my day combing through old stores and found some great steals on a few other things I needed. SUPER excited! In the end, I found some incredible lace on massive sale at a fabric shop I stumbled across. Anyhow, thought I'd say thanks to you for being my "wingman" in spirit today :)
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow I've never heard of either of these things! I think I have much bride/wedding research to do :) Off to google a bit now!!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Guess what, Barb??! I totally felt like I was channeling you today :)

Anyhow, thought I'd say thanks to you for being my "wingman" in spirit today :)
    [/quote]

Thanks. Made my day!