Pretty new to this. How important are these macros?

Options
jonzo21
jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
After reading through some of the sticky threads, and seeing it mentioned that macros are good to be set at:
Carbs 40%
Protein 30%
Fat 30%
Fiber 30
Sodium 2500

I've looked through my diary. and it seems like I don't have a problem with carbs and protein, but I have a problem with fat. Sometimes I'll have an excess of calories left and not any fat.

I'd like to know how important are these macros for this lifestyle change? What to expect by going over in fat on a regular basis or over on any macro on a regular basis?

Replies

• jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at carb 50%, fat 30%, protein 20%. This work best for me. It's where most of what I eat falls naturally & I am consistantly losing 1-2 lbs a week. Find what works best for you. Just make sure you don't go to low on fats or too highon catbs. Good luck.
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I guess it depends on everyone's body. I noticed that if I exceed the 40% carbs that my belly looks bloated and I feel icky. If your lifting weights then the protein is important to repair your muscles. So I would say try the 40/30/30 and if you feel like it doesn't work for you then try a different set of #'s to see what does work. :smile:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I originally had my macros set for 40/30/30 (c/f/p) but as of the last couple months, I've tweaked it to 30/35/35 (c/f/p).

On your lifting days, it's probably more important to meet your carb and protein macros. On your off days, it's probably more important for you to meet your protein and fat macros.

I think as long as you're meeting your protein macro overall and you're not stalling in your weight loss or measurements, you're probably fine with what you're doing!