Grouchy - Need help

Options
ginastone2
ginastone2 Posts: 28 Member
Hello Ladies,

I am at the beginning stages of menopause and need some help. Last month I was 2 weeks late starting my period and then it didn't last very long (which was very nice). It is now 4 weeks from when I was SUPPOSED to start my period and I am SOOOO GROUCHY!!!! I'm figuring PMS, but wouldn't it make more sense that it should happen in about 2 weeks since I was 2 weeks late starting?

Please help. I'm so grouchy that it is affecting my attitude toward my new eating habits. I don't want the hard work that I have done to go down the tubes, but I'm just having a very hard time. Yesterday was awful and today isn't looking much better. :-/

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I sometimes just sit myself down with a cup of camomile tea, it sort of takes the edge off.

Sorry I can be of no further help as I am at the start, I think, as mine changes with the wind. Nothing too severe just aggravating enough for me to think that I am so sick of it. Then it stops and I realise I am a happy little soul again.

It is good to come and here and have a good groan tho.

Hope you are feeling a little better.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i don't know, but if you find out, let me know.

running helps, and yoga helps, but the aftereffects which used to last the rest of the day now only last a few minutes. a glass of wine helps, but then i get really bad night sweats.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep,,, you need to come over for a nice glass of wine in the hot tub.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I find 30 minutes of stretching yoga does wonders for my state of mind! It also does wonders for my back.
  • flying182
    flying182 Posts: 26
    Options
    It's tough this grouchiness - I know at a logical level that I have nothing to be grouchy about; happy with my family, love my job, lost a few lbs, etc - but sometimes I just get all 'niggly and snappy' probably due to broken sleep with night heat and I hate it! I am finding going for a walk outdoors everyday helps calm things and I count my blessings. I'm guessing from your location that you are coming into spring so maybe some good natural doses of Vit D will help you as well with the balancing act. Oh yeah, and the hot tub suggestion above is a good one too, lol :)