Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sara recommended I begin with All Pro and sent me here for support. I am anxious to get started but my calves are very sore at the moment. I assume I should wait until they feel better before doing the 10 rep max test... I did not hurt them lifting...we were on a cruise and used to steps every time to somewhat offset all the calories we were consuming. Then the day after I got off the ship, Friday, I did the Power 90 sweat dvd and ouch! My already a little sore calves have been screaming every since! :/ Hopefully they will feel better tomorrow.
    Hello there, welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:

If your calves are now very sore, I personally would wait a bit before doing the 10 rep max test. Hope you had a really good time on the cruise!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Jimmer and I've been doing AP since January, and have just done my C5W5 Heavy day. It was a beast.....

I had no idea that there was a group on MFP for the routine, so was delighted to stumble across it by accident!

I've currently got a trapped nevre in my left foot - so have dropped the calf raises for a cycle to see if it helped - sadly, it didn't! I'll probably add them back in for Cycle 6, but am unsure whether to go back to my Cycle 4 finishing weight, knock it back a bit, or just whack on the 10% increase and see how I go.... I've got another week to suss it out!

For Cycle 5 I added in something new: a weighted chin up/dip superset. It's amazing how just adding one exercise and dropping another changes the whole routine massively. It's so well balanced to start with that too much tinkering can ruin something perfect!

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now, just wanted to say that if you're just starting out, stick with it and make sure you eat enough to fuel the workouts. Too much of a calorie deficit will leave you feeling pretty beaten up on this type of routine!
    Hello Jimmer, I cleaned up one of those triple posts for ya :wink:

Great to also have an All Pro veteran in the group! Cmeirun and myself are now in cycle 4, so you are way ahead of us. Sorry to hear about the trapped nerve. What did the doctor say about it?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Jimmer and I've been doing AP since January, and have just done my C5W5 Heavy day. It was a beast.....

I had no idea that there was a group on MFP for the routine, so was delighted to stumble across it by accident!

I've currently got a trapped nevre in my left foot - so have dropped the calf raises for a cycle to see if it helped - sadly, it didn't! I'll probably add them back in for Cycle 6, but am unsure whether to go back to my Cycle 4 finishing weight, knock it back a bit, or just whack on the 10% increase and see how I go.... I've got another week to suss it out!

For Cycle 5 I added in something new: a weighted chin up/dip superset. It's amazing how just adding one exercise and dropping another changes the whole routine massively. It's so well balanced to start with that too much tinkering can ruin something perfect!

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now, just wanted to say that if you're just starting out, stick with it and make sure you eat enough to fuel the workouts. Too much of a calorie deficit will leave you feeling pretty beaten up on this type of routine!
    Hello Jimmer, I cleaned up one of those triple posts for ya :wink:

Great to also have an All Pro veteran in the group! Cmeirun and myself are now in cycle 4, so you are way ahead of us. Sorry to hear about the trapped nerve. What did the doctor say about it?

Gave me two weeks of anti-inflammatories for it. Just finished the course a couple of days ago..... it's better, but it's still not there. Injections are the next course of action, I think. It only hurts if I bend my foot a certain way with a straight leg, so it has very little impact on me really!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sara recommended I begin with All Pro and sent me here for support. I am anxious to get started but my calves are very sore at the moment. I assume I should wait until they feel better before doing the 10 rep max test... I did not hurt them lifting...we were on a cruise and used to steps every time to somewhat offset all the calories we were consuming. Then the day after I got off the ship, Friday, I did the Power 90 sweat dvd and ouch! My already a little sore calves have been screaming every since! :/ Hopefully they will feel better tomorrow.
    Hello there, welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:

If your calves are now very sore, I personally would wait a bit before doing the 10 rep max test. Hope you had a really good time on the cruise!

They are still sore so I'm waiting them out. :frown: I think I will be able to try it tomorrow. And I had a wonderful time on the cruise! It was the first time my husband and I had cruised alone. :love:
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    hey am Beckie, 19 years old, i weigh 190lb, started off at 210+ been on myfitnesspal since Jan this year been on and off so that's why I've only lost 20lb! About 3 weeks ago I've decided to get serious, i do a home circuit training i stole of a mfp but changed it to suit me. i also have an exercise bike so am going to include that into the circuit. i also want to start heavy lifting! i have free weights at home and bench machine, i was thinking of doing nrolfw but to be honest it confused me! so i searched on groups and found you lovely lot..... so any advice before i start on Monday? :-)

p.s am starting uni end of September so am gonna join their gym! cant wait :D also i still have atleast 43lb to lose then see how i feel, concidering another 14 lb off of that so id weigh 133 lb off:)
  • christianteach
    Options
    hey am Beckie, 19 years old, i weigh 190lb, started off at 210+ been on myfitnesspal since Jan this year been on and off so that's why I've only lost 20lb! About 3 weeks ago I've decided to get serious, i do a home circuit training i stole of a mfp but changed it to suit me. i also have an exercise bike so am going to include that into the circuit. i also want to start heavy lifting! i have free weights at home and bench machine, i was thinking of doing nrolfw but to be honest it confused me! so i searched on groups and found you lovely lot..... so any advice before i start on Monday? :-)

p.s am starting uni end of September so am gonna join their gym! cant wait :D also i still have atleast 43lb to lose then see how i feel, concidering another 14 lb off of that so id weigh 133 lb off:)

Hi Beckie! Welcome to our group!! I don't really have any advice to offer since I'm a newbie myself, except stick with it and you will see results. I'm sure the more experienced members will pipe in with some great advice for you.
  • beckieboomoo
    Options
    thanks for the warm welcome! :)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options

Hi Beckie! Welcome to the group. I am new here too, I've been doing All Pro's for 9 weeks now and I love it. My advice would be to read, read, read all the info here on the workout, then watch lots of youtube videos to get form down. Make sure you do the 10 RM test before starting, and have someone to spot you if you don't have a power rack. Don't get anxious to up the weights more than recommended, just follow the program and you will see results. Good luck!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Welcome to the group Becky! And ditto to all the above :happy:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Becky! And ditto to all the above :happy:

^^^ What she said! :drinker:
  • beckieboomoo
    Options
    okay doeky :) already read through the routine three times! :) gonna watch the videos when am on the laptop 2! :)
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beckie, hope you enjoy the routine!
  • Hi, I'm so glad I found this group. I have been reading through the thread all weekend. I joined MFP last year but only in early September got serious about logging. I have been doing Turbo Fire for about 3 weeks but I'm ready to add weight training.

Tuesday I start the program. I'm really new when it comes to lifitng weights. Before I joined this site, I thought that hours of cardio was the only way to loose weight and get fit and that I had to eat a really restrictive amount of calories. I'm glad I was wrong! I am 197 lbs with a goal weight of 140ish. I think this program along with a few HIIT days is something I stick to.

I am inspired by the pictures here. I am looking forward to one day being able to post my own.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.
  • christianteach
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I hope you enjoy AllPros!!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm so glad I found this group. I have been reading through the thread all weekend. I joined MFP last year but only in early September got serious about logging. I have been doing Turbo Fire for about 3 weeks but I'm ready to add weight training.

Tuesday I start the program. I'm really new when it comes to lifitng weights. Before I joined this site, I thought that hours of cardio was the only way to loose weight and get fit and that I had to eat a really restrictive amount of calories. I'm glad I was wrong! I am 197 lbs with a goal weight of 140ish. I think this program along with a few HIIT days is something I stick to.

I am inspired by the pictures here. I am looking forward to one day being able to post my own.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Welcome Peppermint_Patty! I love your user name :flowerforyou: I think you will love this workout, I sure do. I am also new to weight training, and I am 51! So if I can do it, anyone can. I am currently on my third cycle of All Pro's. Being new I watch endless youtube videos on form and am reading Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe which has been very helpful. Have fun and don't forget to make sure you are getting enough protein and sleep.
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Welcome Peppermint_Patty! Delighted to see a fellow Charlie Brown fan!

I am sure you will enjoy AllPro. I am probably the lightest lifter in this group and I look at all the lifting stats with awe and hope that I will get there one day - and I am happy that even with light weights I can feel myself stronger with each cycle. I love my AllPro days - finishing Cycle 3 this week, Test Day today yay
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Hi Peppermint_Patty! Welcome to the group! I think you'll find a great, encouraging group of people here, and hopefully you'll love All Pro as much as we do! :bigsmile: I've also done Turbo Fire, and they're probably my fave video-at-home-type workouts to date. The HIITs are great compliments to the lifting; I still do them pretty regularly :)
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Hello Peppermint_Patty, welcome to the group! :drinker: The more, the merrier! Please don't hesitate to ask questions or share your experiences. And of course: have fun! :bigsmile:
  • islandgirl76_
    islandgirl76_ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I joined this group a while ago but haven't posted yet. I am 37, at my goal weight and now working on body composition and strength. This type of weight training is the next logical step for me.

I am FINALLY starting All Pro today. I have been hesitant to do it on my own for a number of reasons so I am meeting with a trainer this morning to help me with form, etc.

:happy:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Hi all! I joined this group a while ago but haven't posted yet. I am 37, at my goal weight and now working on body composition and strength. This type of weight training is the next logical step for me.

I am FINALLY starting All Pro today. I have been hesitant to do it on my own for a number of reasons so I am meeting with a trainer this morning to help me with form, etc.

:happy:
    Welcome to you too Bpink! Have you already tested your 10RM stats for each exercise? Good for you to get the assistance of a trainer, I did too for a couple of sessions. It made me much more confident to do the rest of the routine on my own :happy: