March 8th -- 14th

Options
2»

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,896 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, had to do these at work today. Was great, hardly any rests. Feel very strong today. Not looking forward to the increases though. Lol

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,428 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I found the challenge this week, but didn't "join"...took me three days to find it again! I am nursing a wobbly knee from too much treadmill the last couple weeks, but I don't want to lose ground. I like how circuit training works all your parts, but doesn't over-wear any one thing.

Question: on the mountain climbers, I was a little concerned about my knee because it's always been "make sure your knee is over your toe"...but this exercise isn't. Are they safe for knees? Seems like a good questions since I'm nursing knees for running!

Hey JoanB5,

Welcome to our little group! If you go to youtube.com and plug in mountain climbers you'll see how they are done. I have to modify them, so I don't jump...kind of walk and tap my toe. I'm getting faster but have to be careful. I hope this helps.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Challenge is complete for today 03/12! Hot dog! I'm grinning!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    All I could think when I was finishing it today is Yes, done for this week. But then in the back of my mind a little voice was saying, there are more of everything come Friday! Ahhhhh........
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    1.5 sets yesterday afternoon (underestimated needed recovery time!), both sets this A.M., my arms were shaking for an hour afterwards!

Results: I am doing jumping jacks stronger every day! I'm getting FAST! Watch out!

Modifications: I'm leaving out the push up and the hand raises in the burpees, but I don't mind them. I have to watch my HR, so I just add in extra push-ups to the push-up set. I keep losing my Post It note! Wish I could see this forum through the APP. Need to add a note to my notepad on my iPod so it will be easy to find.

Tools: Today, I used a kitchen timer with a "memory" feature so that I don't cool down too much between sets. Takes me about 20 minutes with rests. What about you guys?
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Doing the Jack's steady and strong. They are boring. Lol squats, full on, with a pause at the bottom to power up. Then the burpees. Squat, kick the legs back, full pushups on my toes, jump back in and power up. Then I did the pushups modified, saving energy! Then my climbers, steady pace, kind of fast. I did both sets the same way. I sometimes have to talk myself into doing all the burpees. Lol. I have not timed myself. I do some stretching afterwards and have been guessing 20 minutes for all. Actually can see a change in my muscle tone on my side's. :) My back is getting stronger. I have been a little achy since we started. Not exactly in slot of pain, just achy. Hoping that tomorrow's rest day removes that. :) Might do all the pushups on my toes for the next round. I will need a longer rest between sets probably.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Hey Shelley!

Tried doing half the JJ's modified and the other half regular...it's a no go. Knees were yelling yesterday, so today was modified for all of them. Squats are low...hadn't thought about the pause, but I'll give that a try next time. Burpees modified. Pushups...first set on my toes, second set on my knees. Mtn. climbers were steady and quick. I think 20 mins is right. I saw two muscles on my left side...only on the left, though...so, I'm going to either walk in circles or with a limp! bwahaha! Resting tomorrow. yay! cool! Going for a walk now.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Lol, I so am seeing that circle walk. :) So you made it to the top. The view is great up here. :) Jack's are hard on knees and feet alike. I recently did a workout where they explained why the pause. I had done it before but didn't get the full concept of why we pause. I am thinking it will take longer Friday. So looking forward to tomorrow's rest. I will probably do either yoga or a long stretch for a little active recovery. :) Don't walk in a circle in public. They will commit you. Let me know your visiting hours and I will sneak in a hacksaw. :)

Great job doing so many on your toes. WOOHOO. :)

-Shelley
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    PUSH-UUPS Whoa! So many push ups on your toes, AND in the burpees? You girls are steel.

JACKS: I haven't been doing pauses in Jacks. I'll have to think about that.

SQUATS: Read yesterday about doing some squats with hands behind + your head = HARD! Guess it adds extra weight downward. I just did a few that way SET 1. I pause after 15 and repeat.

Knees: personally still medicating some with Alleve, not icing this week. Things are better. Still watching them. not doing full burpees, but not hating them as a result! A trade-off perhaps. LOL

Scheduled my first 5K for next Sat. A Color Run, untimed, but taking two kids and have to drive an hour...a little nervous and starting to get a cold. : ( Hopefully I can run most of it. May start and stop my watch through the color zones to get a decent time for the run.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Oops I meant pauses at the bottom of the squats, but I bet slow Jack's would be killers also. No momentum. I often hold my arms out in front of me on the squats. Anything for a little extra. Don't clasp them behind your head if you get dizzy. Might fall forward and go squish. Lol. Have a great race. Baby your knees, only get one set of them. I try not to pause to often. Yesterday I was forced to stop and bring in my barking dogs! Little stinkers. I push myself but not to the point of being dizzy from loss of oxygen. And yes, I am feeling stronger also. :)

I find' t do full burpees the first two days I believe. Doing them slower, but with the push up now.

Running now, have a great race with your boys. :)

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Oops I meant pauses at the bottom of the squats, but I bet slow Jack's would be killers also. No momentum. I often hold my arms out in front of me on the squats. Anything for a little extra. Don't clasp them behind your head if you get dizzy. Might fall forward and go squish. Lol. Have a great race. Baby your knees, only get one set of them. I try not to pause to often. Yesterday I was forced to stop and bring in my barking dogs! Little stinkers. I push myself but not to the point of being dizzy from loss of oxygen. And yes, I am feeling stronger also. :)

I didn' t do full burpees the first two days I believe. Doing them slower, but with the push up now.

Running now, have a great race with your boys. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    My burpees are pretty funny looking, but I do them anyway...good thing nobody else is in the room! The pause during the squats is killer. What a burn! I just do hands on hips. I'll see tomorrow if I can do the push ups on my toes or not. My arms are pretty sore today. About a year ago I did something dumb... tried to do knee push ups without a pad, and my knees went 'squish.' The doc took me off all exercise for six months...it was brutal. I don't want to do that again, so I'm pretty careful. Since tonight is a rest night for us, I don't know how much I'll do tonight. Maybe I'll just go shopping!!! :happy: