Any menopausal women doing EM2WL?

Options
BackwoodsMom
BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
I'm looking to see what other women going through menopause are doing by eating this way. I've upped my calories but have to be so careful because of my slowing metabolism.

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I've been menopausal for the last 3 years and I've got hypothyroidism as well. Oh and did I mention I'm on anti-depressants that are noted to also cause weight gain??

So I have a lot working against me BUT I'm confident that the EM2WL lifestyle is the way to go. I lost about 11 pounds last year doing this but unfortunately gained it back over the holidays when I got off track.

I've also found that as I've been strength training and going consistently heavier with my weights, my metabolism is on fire. So I think adding muscle has been key in jump starting my metabolism again.

As long as you're moving and getting your workouts in, you have no worries when upping your calories!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Post menopause (complete hysterectomy), hypothyroid (partial thyroidectomy), anti-depressants (wish I could get a depress-ectomy), unemployed (no reason to get out of bed in the morning...or afternoon) and just all-around sluggish. But I'm working very hard to get healthy, mentally as well as physically.

The weight loss is slow, but it is coming off. I've been slowly, slowly, slowly increasing my exercise from walking to the kitchen and back to bed, to walking through Walmart and, recently, adding resistance bands. Today, for the first time every, my arms are aching from today's workout. And I think I like it. (Maybe I need more anti-depressants. LOL)
  • jtmurph7
    jtmurph7 Posts: 83
    Options
    I just started EM2WL 2 weeks ago. I am doing a reset. I have increased my calories so far I have no gained any weight I haven't lost any either. But I have really increased my time and weight in the gym. I know I am building muscle.. It's just hidden under all if my fat right now:laugh: I had lost 35lbs and over the last 1 1/2 years I have put 20 of it back on.. I really feel this is the right way to go about this. I am not so focused on the scale as I am the inches and the muscle I want to build. When I was 20 lbs lighter I still wanted to loose more weight because I was not happy with the way I looked and now I realize that It was because I was just a skinny fat.. It was the muscle that I was missing. I am determined to stick with this I know it will work.. It is just going to take time..

Tammy:flowerforyou: