Options
jdad1
jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
Any body on here doing TKD or judo?

Replies

• rstoliker
    rstoliker Posts: 65
    Options
    Blue belt in both Judo and Jiu Jitsu. Been doing Judo long?
  • jdad1
    Options
    got a green bely in judo but i am not doing it anymore, just TKD. There is no longer a school i can afford.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'm currently a green belt in WTF TKD. Been practicing it for almost a year and a half along with my 12 year old son, who's been practicing it for almost two years. Both of us are scheduled to test for our blue belts at the end of this month.
  • jdad1
    Options
    I'm currently a green belt in WTF TKD. Been practicing it for almost a year and a half along with my 12 year old son, who's been practicing it for almost two years. Both of us are scheduled to test for our blue belts at the end of this month.

what forms do you do, I did Taeguek. But i dislike forms.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Blue Belt (4th kup) TAGB Tae Kwon Do here.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options

what forms do you do, I did Taeguek. But i dislike forms.

That's what i'm doing at the current level.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    3rd Black TKD. WTF. Taught from 1979 until 1991. Taegeuk Forms. Haven't been very active beyond practicing forms since about 1998. Been thinking about joining a school near my home, but I'll be 60 next year and not sure I can make that commitment.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    3rd gup purple belt chayon-ryu tkd

I havent gone to a class in about 3 years, school and then work got in the way but I still practice kicks and stretches daily, forms I had to do the
    taeguk pal gae and chang han

I havent practiced forms in the 3 years I've been out of a school, and I am decidedly neutral on them........ great way to practice movements and help get them down right esp the ones you wouldnt normally do. But I kinda agree with bruce lee practicing a list of pre-determined moves how much actual application is there? I would hate to be in the situation where I need to defend myself and have all my combos pre-determined by forms ive drilled in my head, makes me too predictable.
    like the Road dog I've been thinking about re-joining a school but I moved cities to a smaller one and finding a good school concerns me.
  • jdad1
    Options
    I want to do Judo, it would be more practical training for my employment. But At least i can get some excercise with TKD. I just don't like learning forms. I got a black belt a long time ago and i don't want to learn a whole new series of different forms.

You guys can add me if you want.
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am a brown belt in Olympic TKD along with my 8 year old who is a Red Belt (and my 4 year old is a yellow in Hapkido). I'll be testing for Black in a few months. I am working on getting better conditioned right now, mainly b/c I am scared of the 5 hour test! I am learning the Taeguk forms. My instructor is a 4th degree Hapkido master and we are learning Hapkido for our self defense, which is VERY cool. After I have my TKD black, I'll begin training in Hapkido. I love it, and I find it empowering for women!
  • leenamaria
    leenamaria Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    TAGB Blue stripe ( 5th kup) hoping my weight loss will make me faster and stronger :)
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Black stripe in WTF TKD. Forms are my least favorite thing to do..i would rather be sparring.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Currently a Purple belt in TKD Learning a lot by helping instruct our youth class.
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a Green belt / Blue strip in TKD - but I left TKD to work nights and go back to college. The school no longer has a satalite class in town so I am moving to Krav Maga.
  • abyd100
    abyd100 Posts: 3
    Options
    Currently I am a red belt in WTF TKD.
  • agata44
    agata44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    green belt in ITF Taekwondo appart TKD I'm training Krav Maga
  • ControlQueen
    Options
    I'm currently a blue belt (test to purple this month hopefully) in Teakwondo
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    2nd Dan black belt in ITF Taekwon-do. Training 12 years and am an Instructor. 3rd Dan is long overdue.... maybe this year.
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I practice WTF TKD Palgwe forms. I'm currently a 3rd kup. Should be testing here in the next month.

Right now I'm focusing on filling all of the gaps in my notes so I can start practicing all of it to make it more natural to test for Black when the time comes.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ive done both ITF and WTF tkd. i got 5th gup in WTF and first dan in ITF.

, a lot of tkd clubs do not allow cross training. they beleive that tkD is the only way and that is all you should do. one of the reasons i stopped going.