CONCERNED ABOUT TONING, MUSCLE, AND EXCESS SKIN.

Options
GrannyGwen1
GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
HI, IM GRANNY GWEN AND I CAME TO THIS SITE BECAUSE IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE LOSING WEIGHT AND SOME WHO HAVE SUCCESS STORIES TO TELL AND HAVE BEEN THERE AND HAVE DONE THAT OR HAVE THE SAME CONCERNS I HAVE! WHO BETTER TO ASK.

I WENT TO A POST CALLED: Too much cardio when strength training?

I JUST WENT TO THIS POST, AND IT LEFT ME WITH MORE QUESTIONS THEN IT ANSWERED.

MY QUESTION AND MY CONCERN IS ABOUT TONING, MUSCLE, AND EXCESS SKIN.

IM 63 YS OLD , I WAS 120# OVERWEIGHT WHEN I STARTED WITH MFP, IM LOSING AT A STUDY PACE, AND HAVE LOST 22# SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR. I'M JUST GETTING TO A POINT WHERE I CAN NOW EXERCISE (DO TO AN ILLNESS AND I HAVE FIBRO) AND I WANT TO DO IT RIGHT.

I KNOW YOUNGER, WOMEN /MEN CAN GET INTO SHAPE FASTER , AND DO MORE ENERGETIC EXERCISES, THEIR SKIN HAS MORE ELASTICITY AND COLLAGEN AND THERE HORMONES HAVEN'T GONE CRAZY.YET .

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR AN OLDER WOMEN BUT YOUNG AT HEART, DO FOR A WORKOUT PLAN TO TONE, STRAIGHTEN AND TIGHTEN LOSE SKIN?

WHAT ABOUT THE LOSE SKIN DO YOU LIVE WITH IT? HAVE IT REMOVED?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ABOUT TONING, MUSCLE, AND EXCESS SKIN. ?

AND WHEN PEPLE TALK ABOUT STRAIGHT TRAINING , WHAT DO THEY MEAN? AND WHAT EXERCISES WORK BEST?

.MAY YOUR DAY BE FILLED WITH MANY BLESSINGS THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Replies

• demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have lost 83 pounds (37 years old) and no amount of toning or weightlifting will get rid off the excess skin. Depending on age and how long you have been overweight it often does not shrink back. For myself, once I have stablisied my weight and kept it there for 12 months I will have surgery to remove the excess skin.

If your just getting back into exercising i would reccommend starting with walking, its free and its enjoyable. Start with shorter walks and build up to longer ones. Toning is lifting weights, either at the gym or with hand weights. Start off with something light, like 2 water bottles, and build up from there. You can get dvds or look online for simple exercises to do at home.
  • GrannyGwen1
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT, IM GOING TO DO THIS , YES I AM WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY MFP FAMILY OF FRIENDS, THANK YOU,

GG
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant last year and due to complications couldnt exercise at all. After she was born i started out with short walks and built them up to longer ones, now im jogging the same routs i used to walk. With weights i got a dvd - i used 30 day shred - and when the hand weights were too heavy i used cans of soup or water bottles instead. There is soo much we can do that doesnt cost much and we can build up to more. Swimming and water aerobics are great ones for low impact as well.

Good luck, you CAN do it, just stick with it.
  • GrannyGwen1
    Options
    THANK YOU MY FRIEND I WILL TRY THAT.

GG