Pleateau

Options
slived
slived Posts: 12 Member
Hi I'm confused about calories. I've plateau'd and I assume it's because I've been lax on counting my calories. I only eat when I'm hungry, though. I probably ate around 2000 calories per day, and worked out 3-5 times per week at about a 400-800 calorie burn. I initially lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks on this diet, but haven't lost anything in the 7 weeks since. If I only eat 1400-1600 calories, I'll be hungry. How do you do it? I still have around 20 lbs to lose.

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, a 7 week stall after 2 weeks on keto is not typical. It indicates that something needs adjustment.

There are a lot of possibilities for a plateau. Calories is only one. Some research suggests that people following a high fat low carb diet can lose while eating substantially more calories than you could eat on a balanced diet. You may want to make you diary public so people can see what you are eating, and see if we can see anything that might trigger the plateau.

I believe that Taubes has indicated that exercise is a hindrance to weight loss. So it depends on what your primary goal is here. Exercise helps in fitness, but may hinder weight loss. If the primary goal is weight loss, that may be something to adjust.