Calories

Options
Has anyone else seen this? Or, does this correlate with what you are burning if your wearing a fitbit or HRM? This was posted in a forum topic that randomly showed up on my profile

"Hiya! I started the 30 day shred yesterday and looked around the forums for a way to post the calories burned and apparently on Jillian Michael's website there is the following formula to figure out how many calories you burn for how much you weigh:

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by your current weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and then divide by 3 to find how much you burn per each 20 minute work out.

Hope that helps!

Tabby"

Tabby, if you're in this group, thanks for the info. I didn't get a chance to copy your user name before I left that page on my iPad.

Replies

• april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Ooh, so, it's basically your weight in pounds per 20 minutes. (3.267 is pretty close to 3), MFP gives me almost that. In my case, using the formula = 213 calories, and using my weight = 194 calories.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!!!

My BodyMedia reads almost the same as the formula. The formula calculates about 20 calories more than my BodyMedia.... probably due to the strength training. All in all sounds good to me! :-)

Every other day, I will put in another 30-40min of cardio on top of 30DS..... I think something is working, lol. I told myself no stepping on the scale until the shred is over. Only 9 days to go :-)