March 8th

Options
Hi all! Well I'm still hating this workout but the good news is that I'm still on board and feel quite pleased that I've managed to do 8 days in a row! I actually found the anterior raises easier today and did a couple of extra push ups but STILL struggling to fully complete the first set of cardio without a couple of seconds break in between.

Tomorrow I'm away so won't have the opportunity to shred, so I'll be having a day off but back to it again on Sunday.

Keep pushing everyone!!

Replies

• CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I actually found the anterior raises easier today
    Day 7 has been the first time ever that I did not cheat during side lunges with anterior raises. I've even managed to keep up the pace with the girls in the video. This says a lot because I’ve done the first level of 30 Day Shred many times before, sometimes for more than 10 days in a row, and have never been able to squeeze more than 5 raises at a time.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I'd like to say "well done" to everybody following 30 day shred through March. We will succeed :happy:

I completed day 7 today and I actually managed the press ups (not perfect line perhaps but I feel it in my arms). I still struggle through the first cardio session, the skip jumps get me every time.

Keep with it.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 7! It was also day 1 of TOM, so I worried about cramps. But I made it through, and feel good! Anterior raises are easier for me too, but I still have to take a break. I keep lunging, just pause on the raise. Woo hoo! Anyone peek ahead at level 2 yet??
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Today was day 7 for me! Took off yesterday. I am going to workout 6 days a week instead of 7, and do each level for 9 days instead of 10! Felt good!! Cannot wait to get to Level 2. Need a change soon!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Finished level 2 day 5 (yep...mistaken yesterday). Right knee isn't happy today...neither is my rear end!! Me thinks me squated too low!!
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Just completed day 8 of the level 1. Definitely seeing a great improvement in my endurance and muscle strength. With the exception of push-ups, anterior raises and squat & press, the whole thing is a piece of cake for me right now.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering taking the day off- I hurt my leg mopping the kitchen (of all things) yesterday. I've been icing and resting it as much as I can. I'm pretty tempted to slap on the knee brace and pop a naproxin and just push through day 7. I probably won't get the chance to do a "real" workout all weekend so I feel like I'd be slacking off to take today off too.
  • Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today was Level 1, Day 5 for me. I took a day off yesterday. I definitely feel like I have more endurance for the cardio parts than I did when I started, and I was able to use 5 lb weights instead of 3 for everything except those darn anterior raises.
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I actually found the anterior raises easier today
    Day 7 has been the first time ever that I did not cheat during side lunges with anterior raises. I've even managed to keep up the pace with the girls in the video. This says a lot because I’ve done the first level of 30 Day Shred many times before, sometimes for more than 10 days in a row, and have never been able to squeeze more than 5 raises at a time.

Day 7 done for me too.

I also managed to do the anterior raises with my 6.6 lb weights and I did them all. Wow. Day 1 I thought my arms were going to drop off !!

Can still only do 10 press ups in a row. Meh. But they are proper ones, if a little ugly.

Had a great shred today. Particularly liked the strength today. Yey
  • goldencoley
    goldencoley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I took day 7 off yesterday... which I regret... BUT I did do an hour Zumba class so hopefully I didn't ruin my streak too bad!! I can't wait for my day 8 workout today!!! Just have to get off work so I can go home and shred!!

Good work everyone!! 3 days to go until level 2!!!!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Took today off but will be back on it tomorrow (will be day 6 level 1). Great job ladies!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I was skeptical today since I was to start Level 2 and didn't know how much harder it would be than 1. So I surprised myself and did a lot better than I thought I would even though I was learning the new moves as I went. I do have to modify most things involving jumping as I had a severely broken ankle and leg years ago. But I actually enjoyed being challenged by a new set of moves and felt great when done...although sweaty! :ohwell:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    Options
    Day 7 complete! Thank you knee brace + excellent form!

Seriously you guys.. My butt looks amazing. Mind you I've been doing mad amount of daily lunges, squats and power poses for a couple of months now.. It's like 30ds has been the breaking point. My thighs are suddenly like BAM!
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 8 is complete! Yay! Almost done level one!

I'm really hoping that there is less jumping it level 2 cause my calfs are KILLING me, I think it's that cursed Jumping Jack/Jump Rope combo -__-
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 7 complete! Thank you knee brace + excellent form!

Seriously you guys.. My butt looks amazing. Mind you I've been doing mad amount of daily lunges, squats and power poses for a couple of months now.. It's like 30ds has been the breaking point. My thighs are suddenly like BAM!

Great job on finding a solution to your problem and pushing through! And congratulations on the butt!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    Options
    Thanks! It actually sits like a full inch higher than it did a few months ago!

Now if only I could get the top/front of me on board!
  • snfsma
    snfsma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group today and so I'm a bit behind. Starting day 1 tonight. I'm scared!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    Options
    I just joined the group today and so I'm a bit behind. Starting day 1 tonight. I'm scared!

Welcome and good luck! It's hard, but so far it's totally been worth it.