The last 10

Options
mstorvik
mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
Anyone have tips of getting rid of this last 10. I am having a hard time. Low protein didn't really help. High fat... carb refeed... Counting cals... Working out more or less... It's been a rough couple of months :(

Replies

• mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've been there since I had my son two years ago. It is awful. Just stick with it. It takes a while. I'm to the point that I just want to be healthy. Maybe my body feels it is healthy at this weight.
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Check this out: http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/ The Whole 30, a 30-day eating plan that might get you the rest of the way, or at least start you on the road there.

I did it last month and lost a lot of weight (note I am 100 lbs away from my goal!) but more importantly it knocked me back in to some better low-carb eating - and overall eating - habits.

The plan isn't necessarily low carb but it's not very high carb either. All I did was limit my sweet potato consumption to whatever days I worked out the hardest, and ate low-GI fruit such as berries and melon. I even had bits of dried fruit sometimes! I would actually go up to 100g some days but I still lost. In general I was more like 50g/day.

I know you like to be active, and I was able to keep up my exercise routine after the first week of Whole 30.

If you do decide to do it, check out the forums on that site, they are very informative!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The Last 10. The hardest to lose and the easiest to add back on.

Let me know when you find the magic , potion, totem, pill, .......
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You guys are AWESOME!! Thank you SO much!
  • TibLuvr
    TibLuvr Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of JumpstartMD. When I met with the doctor last Friday, I had only lost 2 pounds. He said vegetarians tend to lose more slowly than meat eaters, which I knew. I told him I needed more motivation than 2 pounds, and he made a suggestion. For three days only, I'm to stay under 50 grams of carbs, and consume 100-120 grams of protein. Yesterday was my first day, and this morning I was down another 4 pounds. I'm being weighed again Wednesday, and I'm anxious to see how much these 3 days will affect my weight. I'll post and let you all know. :bigsmile:
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm is the above spam maybe??

I did Whole 30, was pretty awesome. Unfortunately I got sick from some of the food on it, Ive got various food intolerences which they are still trying to work out!
    BUT other than that, I did really enjoy it and I felt great.
    Sometimes its good just to change your diet around to keep your body guessing.

Good luck! :)
  • TibLuvr
    TibLuvr Posts: 3
    Options
    Are you thinking my message is spam?? That's pretty offensive, considering it was my first post.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Check this out: http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/ The Whole 30, a 30-day eating plan that might get you the rest of the way, or at least start you on the road there.

I did it last month and lost a lot of weight (note I am 100 lbs away from my goal!) but more importantly it knocked me back in to some better low-carb eating - and overall eating - habits.

The plan isn't necessarily low carb but it's not very high carb either. All I did was limit my sweet potato consumption to whatever days I worked out the hardest, and ate low-GI fruit such as berries and melon. I even had bits of dried fruit sometimes! I would actually go up to 100g some days but I still lost. In general I was more like 50g/day.

I know you like to be active, and I was able to keep up my exercise routine after the first week of Whole 30.

If you do decide to do it, check out the forums on that site, they are very informative!
    but you're not on your last 10...how do you know that would be her answer?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Are you thinking my message is spam?? That's pretty offensive, considering it was my first post.
    I was assuming since she referred to the whole30 she was referring to THAT poster, not you. (And since it didn't actually address the OPs question: the last 10)
  • wigglingalltheway
    Options
    I feel your pain I am in the same boat and just asked a question about body fat before noticing this - I guess we are asking the same thing in different ways.

Ill watch this thread with interest! :o)